What happened?
I'm wondering too, what happened?
Today if ya take a good look, rent becomes almost 1/2 a person's income!
I remember when I first rented, was $75.00 a month for a small 1 room apartment with a shared bathroom.
Then a move up to a fourplex apartment, 1 bedroom place, $120.00 a month. In 1974. I think I was making about $500-$700.00 a check then, around $1000 to $1400 a month. So $120 be about 1/10th of my income. Now it's close to 1/2 a person's income many cases.
We may be getting more $$ per hour, but the cost of everything has risen so much that were no better off. In some case's worse.
I'm not writing to complain, mostly I'd like to see a future where it gets better. What I do see is a future that's getting progressively worse.
Polly and I might make it to our final resting place without too much trouble, but what about the rest of our family? Our children our grandchildren? How are they going to ever get a house? Or if they do, how can they pay for it with such a difference in income vs cost of living.
I know, I shake my head every day, our government's, and city's can run a huge deficit, and keep going, but our own household can't put off payments, or we are out on the street.
Life isn't fair, and that's just one of the instances I can give.
Today I'm very happy with our lot in life. As for our family, and many others, I'm not sure how they'll make out as time goes on, but surprisingly, they seem to find a way.
$1700. Or more for a months rent for a two bedroom apartment. Or more!
Again I shake my head.
Love our life ❤️ as we watch the change.
No comments:
Post a Comment