Oh well, was a beautiful fish, and had my kids with me, they were happy to pull up the gear and Go home, me I woulda kept fishing.
Now, this year I'm still thinking fishing 🎣, yet not really up for it. Might try a trip to the derby today? Might not too, always depends on how I'm doing. Been keeping track of the winning fish so far, all in the 20lb range yet, so small from what we've been used to, but I guess that just the way it goes when we fish the heck outta a salmon run.
Talk to anyone from here that has been around all there life fishing in the inlet, they all have memories of big salmon being caught here, during the derby and other times. When I was younger, almost every year at least 1 40lb salmon was in the glass case, sometimes 2-40lb fish and a 39 in the cooler. 1st-2nd-3rd place.
I just checked again, on FB tyee club, biggest 20lb so far. I wonder what the winner will be? Where it will be caught?
Foggy out this morning, fall truly here now, I know some nice days left, but when Polly makes the comment "Be wearing 👖 pants in another month!" That let's me know where we are at. Going from spring till now no heat, to AC, now still warm, but ya can feel it in the air, cool is coming, then a heavy rain, and the furnace will be on.
Been a really nice run this summer, shorts every day for I don't know how long now, been really nice. I remember when we retired I dreamed of shorts 365! Thinking that we would spend summer and spring here, then as the geese flew south we would too. We did for awhile, but I realized that it got cold in Yuma too during winter, even Mexico had some cold spells during winter.
Spending our winter here last year was great 👍🏻, only a couple days where the ground got a little white. Was a really good winter. This year, I'm not sure we'll fly anywhere, but ya never know, nice if it gets ugly to just hop on a plane and be somewhere warm. Pretty hard to beat our comfort here though, everything close, and nobody checking to see if you're a criminal, or trying to get into another country with fake ID. Demanding your fingerprints, and a picture of your eyeballs 👀 or taking you off to have a bodycheck, or wanting your phone.
Yep, I can stay away from that kind of travel, maybe we are done? Travel not a easy as it once was, so much to consider, how much of what are ya allowed, what can I pack, checked bag or not? Just too much BS for me. Will see what comes.
Oh well that's just the way it is, participate or not, is how things are now.
I read a bit of news this morning before I started to write, as usual, then I had to just stop. I said to Polly, "I can handle only so much of what I read, then I gotta stop. Otherwise it will give me a bad attitude for awhile." Just can't handle too much reality now, most what I read discusses me now, the justice system, the political BS, the news.
I know, I'm like an ostrich with my head in a hole 🕳️ but I just can't stand to read, listen, or see the BS of the day!
My way of dealing with what's going on.
Today I took my pills, Polly just got me my second coffee ☕, my knee has ice on it, exercises be next, life is pretty simple.
Our granddaughter's birthday today, we gave her the card already, and went to dinner with her and her husband. Was really nice way to celebrate 🥳 her birthday. Often we have been gone for her birthday, this year we've been home for more birthdays that we have for many years. Been nice.
🍁🍂🍁🍂
Love our life ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment