I was a little disappointed that it wasn't an open mic 🎤 for students to ask questions, that's what I was really hoping to hear the concerns of our youth here in Port Alberni right up there asking the people that are putting themselves out for election possibles. Still it was well done, questions were from people but not asking right there, with some fun as it went, and some mistakes, yet the people that came to listen, and observe we all had opportunity to learn who would align with our own thoughts.
I'm listening to "Whole lotta Love" by LedZeplin as Polly has YouTube videos on, I'm on the deck with the warmth of the sun at my back, life sure is good. A plate of crackers cheese and sausage, water, and an apple for dessert. Oops, Polly just brought some of the cutoffs from her cake she's been building most the later morning and early afternoon. Lucky me 😋😀
What a great day. Seeing all those people, 12 council hopefuls and 6 Mayor hopefuls, what a show, and it went by fast! So fast! I sat with a friend and her daughter, was nice to yak a bit between us, then after awhile the lady & her husband I think beside me started ticking her list, with people I thought would be good, we were agreed on a few for sure. So many people interested in our new council about to be elected, the highschool theater was loaded with students and public, yep sure was nice to see.
I couldn't help but think of all this I missed while working, and here we are meeting in the morning, when most working people are working. Still there are times that meetings happen in the evening and if working ya could attend, if ya found the time. Busy people are going here and there, as I was years ago, time was at a hmm, premium.
Gotta do this, gotta go here, fix this, help here, yep always something, today I'm more relaxed, knee surgery helps. Just the same I'm very interested in how our new council will do what's needed to put Port Alberni on the right track, with spending getting outta control, and decisions being made behind closed doors, without a chance for public to influence it.
I showed a photo of the new housing neighborhood as planned to one of the hopefuls, was told couldn't change it, was the BC government making these rules, and pushing for infill housing. I asked again, how do you like it? He didn't, and many don't, but they said it can't be changed! Hmm, I wonder 🤔 if we sat on our hands all day, yep nothing could be changed. I'm really hoping there are some new council members that are willing to try to change this.
Will see, as the day to elect is coming soon. November 17th, 10 days away away. I'm pretty well done with my thoughts of who I'll be voting for, what about you? Have ya taken the time to investigate just a little who's running, and who would you want to represent you? Could just see how many signs are out, and vote just because this candidate has the most, or the least. I hope not.
This my best shot at asking the candidates where there from, their history, what the will do, and my two best questions, are you in favor of this kind of building in a already built subdivision?
On 11th Ave behind quality food's
My other is what's your position on preserving McLean Mill site? Have you any ideas? Could you, would you help?
I'm not advocating for more $ from our city, really I'd like the city to let go the strangle hold they've had on McLean Mill site, and let someone that can help get it operational again, with federal government, and or private business, or personal donations funding. I'm not sure how yet, but that's my little project I'm working towards.
I give all the council and Mayor hopefuls a hand 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 it's a big job just putting you're self out there. 1 person said on the stage "would be nice if we could have a council meeting like this!" The whole group that was at the highschool, man would that ever be interesting. People liked that idea!
Now T-REX Bang a Gong, yep really playing my music 🎵 🎶 🎸 🎶 from when I was in highschool. Today was the first time I've been in our New school, as I think for many others.
Yep another great day, Polly completely happy with her creation, me happy with my connection to our community.
Sure do Love our life ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment