After we talk a bit I got a little bit antsy so took a short walk, and looked around the neighborhood. A quiet area, with a Chinese influence. Beautiful gardens in some of the yards, and some not taken care of at all. I'd call it a normal neighborhood. I didn't walk far, but on returning I looked at the place we stayed in, and the contrast of the house beside it, WOW what a bright green, no photo.
After a bit of searching I found a restaurant not too far away serving breakfast, was a different looking place, so I said to everyone, if ya don't like it, we will leave, as the photos of the entrance was less than beautiful. I didn't take a photo, here is the one on the website,
Not too inviting, but the reviews were through the roof, and pictures of the meals were great. So we went.
Well upon arriving we walked past the entrance, was inside a lumber yard, something none of us expected. We walked through the yard, past plywood and trucks, and up the stairs, down a narrow hallway, then right to the restaurant. Well "would you like to make a reservation?" Said a young man that greeted us, "Yes for 4 please" ok be about 20-30 minutes. Give a phone number, and we wait on 4 chairs facing a few windows that looked into a seamstress shop, which looked over the river.
This time we all talked a little more, interested in what this will be like, as people kept coming in making reservations, and the delivery guy brings in groceries, 3-4 times he goes by with a cart, and I say to him "is a tough place to deliver" he agrees, but comments "they are really nice people, so makes it ok"
Well we didn't know what we were in for, but what a great place to have our breakfast, friendly, and busy, and so much choice. Everything we got was really good looking and tasting, right from the coffee to the food. Perfect way to start our day. The walls all around had little drawings, and thankyous from so many from all over the world. The fridge had $$ bills form all over the world, was an exceptional experience for all of us.
Claudette said more than once "How did you find this place?" I just put in the search bar breakfast restaurant, and this looked like best food, but odd entrance, so had to try. I wrote a little bit on a slip of paper that we were given, we all added our own bit to it, then taped it to the wall. We will not forget this place, I'm thinking we'll have to go back just to check it out again, maybe for lunch. 😃
This was what the inside looked like
My breakfast French toast with chicken and egg on top, was really good
The girls hat a meatlovers omelet
Americo egg's Bennie
I did get a photo as we left of the lineup
After we took a drive to Rudy's tire shop, a business that Tyson and Kristina our nephew and niece own and operate. Wanted to just have a look, and say goodbye again to Herb and Tyson. Was a nice visit, got a good look around, and understood a little more their plans for the future.
After our visit here, we drove to the Tasawassen ferry, loaded on after about a 1/2 hour rest, then played skipbo again, no ordering any food this time. After the first game, I took a walkabout while they played crib, I sat down now far away and took a 😴 nap. Was a fast ride home for me. Oh, yes then dinner was wing's with Shayla and her Boss with their family, outside at Smitty's at South Naniamo after we got off the ferry.
Was a really fun time with them, so happy, they all just got off "work" something we remember, but not a part of our lives anymore 👍🏻
What a great weekend during the week!
Sure do love our life ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment