Saturday, 15 August 2026

Usually I write ✍🏻 on Sunday, but lots going on lately so I'll start today 😁

We had an amazing trip to the big city, with a concert in our sights AC⚡DC we're fantastic. Really a good show they were, loud, screaming and wild, was a really fun time with Americo and Claudette on a Thursday night. Felt like the weekend Polly thought, was really nice to be with our friends that are like cousins. 

Started off with Apple fritters I'd order the day before, as Americo always brought those when we went fishing 🎣 together. As we ate them and drove outta town, we talked about everything, especially the concert we were about to go to. Non stop yak all the way to Naniamo, duke point to get our ferry to Tasawassen. Had a little rest before loading, was a perfect day to travel. 

Once on the ferry we Polly & I stood in line to get a bit to eat, learned that at this time 11am the restaurant changed over from breakfast to lunch. Well never thought that be such a delay in getting our food. But yep, it was as breakfast was closed, so if ya said yes we want breakfast, ya got to go ahead of everyone, and lineup as they got some left, then wait till they are all ready, then start lunch, that took over 1/2 hour. Well I could hear the bitching before they put the belt up to hold us all back. 

A lesson learned, next time Yes! I wanted Breakfast! πŸ˜‚ LoL. 

We did get our lunch finally, and sat with A&C as they were playing cards. We joined in after our lunch, and played skipbo, two games then we docked, and off we went to our Airbnb, well wasn't really ready yet, so to Tasawassen Mills Mall for a little look around. Polly disappeared soon, and couldn't find her for awhile as we all thought she was in this big shoe store, but nope, gone. 

Once she came back to that store, told of walking to the end of the mall looking for Claudette LoL, now blaming Claudette.

Now outta the Mall, on our way to our Airbnb, the drive was great, not too fast, not too congested, took the road a little less traveled. Took awhile longer as volume of traffic picked up as we got into Vancouver, then all the sudden we were on shaded streets, and narrow roads, as parking on both sides, all the way along. 

The GPS took us right to the back of the house, right to the driveway way we were to park in, #2. Perfect, then into our place, WOW, as nice as the pictures on the Airbnb site. Great, we all looked around, and everything we saw was just great. Two bedrooms, very nice beds, big living room, and nice kitchen. Perfect for our 1night stay. 

Now cut into the beer, then the bottle 🍾 of prosecco Mmm that sweetened us all up, the volume of conversation changed, I smile as I'm writing this, was such a great feeling, being together, ready for our fun night. Oh yeah, were going to meet others, family, Pollys brother and our niece & nephew and their daughter. Meeting us at the restaurant we picked. 

After another beer, I opted for a snooze instead, listening to the 3 of them enjoying their conversation, for a sec I thought I might not be able to, but 😴 zzz and I was out for a few. 

Up I got, getting close to go time. Off we went to the restaurant, Uber was the travel now. So easy, just click on ride to, and after 5 minutes he shows up, Felipe he said his name was, from Brazil, noisey coming from the back seat, 3 of them having a party πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰ while I'm trying to talk with the driver. 

We were driving up to the restaurant and who's outside Herb, Tyson Kristina, and Kora. Well that worked out perfectly. Greetings on the sidewalk, pictures as Claudette was all over that, and in we went. Kristina had arranged a table for all of us, was really nice to spend time with there family before we went to the concert. 

After dinner, and a whole lot of info and laughter, we headed to BC Place, was close, so a little uphill, then down all the way there 3 blocks. Said our goodbyes outside, then we went in, us 4 to our seats, and there family to there's. 


A beer each, and upstairs to our seats, the singer that was before was a really hard rocker, giving it all she had. AC⚡DC came on and we all got up, and that was it, we sat sometime, but often up singing and rocking. Was a really good concert. 
Our gift the tickets, friends like Americo & Claudette deserve a thanks for all they've done for us while we traveled. 

Was a fantastic time, felt like the weekend, but wasn't. 

Sometimes just gotta do it up right, this was one of those times 🎡🎸🎢🎸

Sure do love our life ❤️ 


No comments:

Post a Comment