Yet many people live on the dole, getting $$$ from our government, passed along as they are not able, or at least not going to make an effort.
Working has been my way, I didn't expect a handout, neither did my Mom
I watched her work long hours, making dresses, and altering clothes for people, doing what she knew, to make a living.
I did same, long hours, shifts I really didn't desire, camps I really didn't want to be in, just to make it, pay my way in life. Today I'm seeing more and more people that expect to have their life support given to them by the government, or anyone that'll pay. 🖐🏻 Handouts ✋🏻 I want, I need, give me. Not please, not thanks, just give me!
I see it in many now, pushing their way in front, in car's, in line, in life in general. Just all about them, not thinking of anyone but themselves. Is this what we want in life? A symptom? I daily shake my head. What is next? Every day we learn our government prints more money 💰 as it gives much of it away to people that will not, can not, or just won't participate in thier own survival.
Other countries do the same, sponsor countries that need $$$ or some need $$$$$$$, just line up and put your hand ✋🏻 out, Canada, with our government puts it's hand in our pockets, and gives. Nice country right?
How long will it last? Will it be like this forever? Can we change it? I'm thinking no. Me, I might be able to change me, but the rest, gonna have to change themselves.
I wrote this thought process awhile ago, still believe I might be able to change, but likely continue being me. Imperfect, foolish, inquisitive, talky kinda guy. I'm not too competitive, never have been, to this day I have most everything I want, and more than I need. Purging is my next move, selling Rambo be a tough one though, be saying were not doing that anymore. Bit sad to say.
Was a really good way to retire, traveling this way and that. Funny, I'm now quite comfortable staying here, in our home town, close to family and friends, with our home on blocks, no wheels. Very different, yet also really comfortable.
This morning we have our nephew coming to visit, excited we are, he's bringing some of his family too, people I've never met, along with my sister in law I haven't seen in years. Be a really nice visit.
Yesterday our granddaughter and her husband came for a visit, made our day! Was really nice to sit and yak about her upcoming baby, and their life changes, Carl and his plans, drag cars, work, garage, house, shop, I can remember all that in my own life as I started out. So much to think about at the beginning of your life.
Shayla's plans are some as his, but as she's the one pregnant, different too. Talking about the murder mystery she played last night, remembering our time doing that too, was great 👍🏻 fun to listen to her say the fun they had doing that, and how it wasn't exactly as she thought it might be.
Then drag's yesterday, that was fun, and after taking a cruise through harbor Quay, getting a call from my other granddaughter, she's going out as a clown 🤡, her possie is all dressing up for the night as clown's, WOW she's really having fun!
Messages from our grandson and his fiancee as they travel east to Nova Scotia to a wedding on PEI, that was a surprise for us, they are traveling where we have been. Was super nice to see them seeing what we'd seen before. Felt great to see them travel.
What a great day, and that's only a little of what happened, how can ya wait for someone to give ya something, I'm getting a pension I worked towards, more than enough I believe, yet every day it gets eroded a little more with our government's actions.
Every day, well almost every day, I think how lucky, fortunate I was, we were, to live in a time where we really had it all. We didn't know it, but we did.
Rambling I am today as I sit now with my coffee ☕ on another great Sunday morning, door open, in shorts 🩳 and tee 👕 shirt content to peck on this phone for now.
I'm going to go for a drive by the Quay again this morning, my new go to, see the water, check out the dragstrip before the cars run today. Walk the edge of the water, check out the fisherman's harbour, and think how good I've got it.
Back before Polly wakes 😃
Love our life ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment