Monday 7 October 2024

I woke early this morning thinking 🤔

Sometimes I just can't stop thoughts rushing through my brain, seems best at like 2:30-3am my "I can't get back to sleep" kick's in, and well her I am. This morning my thoughts were about two sperate times, I'll write about this one now, save the other for when I have a photo. 

We just spent a week in La Broquerie, a Municipality in Manitoba, south and a little east of Winnipeg. We are fortunate to have cousins there that we really get along with, so always a fun stop in as we travel east. This visit was great, even better than the visits we'd had before. 

I think this is the third time we have stopped here on our way across Canada, and I believe the absaloot best visit with John & Julie and family. So welcoming, so fun, just a really good time. Laughing, and playing cards, a game called "Play Nine" was what Polly and Julie played, then after watching one time I joined in, so did John. Well after that it was our afternoon or evening fun. 

That was just a bit of what we did while we were there, camped very close beside there home. I'm shaking my head at how welcoming they both are, along with their family, their son Rob, & Jody their daughter-in-law, along with 3 children,  their son "Little" John & Charlene, and their Daughter Gin & son-in-law Pavel, & their 2 children. We became immersed in the family, and welcomed completely. 

First day, after we pulled in and parked, by John & Julie's, not long and we were off to Rob & Jody's for a 🔥 fire and appetizer evening, so much good food, different food. Kids playing, friends from all around, so much love all around us at this time. Again I shake my head now, looking back at just the best time. We were the Old timers here now, I realized it after a bit, we were sitting with John & Julie being fed by many, Jody especially, another deep fried pickle, 🥒, chilli by Gin, pork tenderloin by I forgot their name's, I forgot so many, as every time I looked another couple would show up, and a few more kid's to play with the group already there. 

That was day one of our visit, what a start. We went home about 9pm, full of so much food, and full of memories of so many people we got to know that some we had met last time we were here, others we may have met before, but just not Sure. 

Our visit after was a little laid back, I can't remember it all, as so much happening each day, we just went along with their plans, and were brought here, and there, as their lives had plans ahead, all family together for the photos on Sunday, I went along to watch. I learned about poison ivy, I'm lucky I didn't get any on me, but a few others did as the photos were in and area that they said had some. Apparently not unusual here, something I've never seen before. 

As the week went on, always a child to watch as John and Julie babysit for Gin & Pavel weekly, as they both work and there kid's are too young to stay on there own yet. We had some good laughs from those kids too. 


Before we left Rob & Jody let us stay on their property, we could have stayed all winter if we wanted, so welcoming. Rob changed our trailer tires for us, & did a repair I didn't know was needed. Jody gave us dinner and breakfast, as we talked and joked at their huge table that I'm sure is full of people most every day. 

I really like all the family, the memories are going to last till we go back again, likely in a couple years. We have little John's number and address just outside Edmonton now, so likely drop in there next year on our way south, as well as another cousin Julie & Greome & family. What a great way to travel, place to place, visiting friends and family as we go. 

Today we are at a campground, just outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario, well at the very edge of the city. We do like to travel on our own ❤️ along with times we stop and enjoy the company of others. 

The next while we'll be traveling and making friends as we go, enjoying northern Ontario & the great lake's. 

I won't forget the fun we had in La Broquerie, Manitoba though. Maybe next time I'll get into Winnipeg 😀, didn't seem to important to me this time, we spent our time where we wanted, with family and friends 😍 

Loving our life ❤️ as we travel.




No comments:

Post a Comment