Thursday 10 October 2024

Thunder Bay, Wawa, Sault St Marie.

I'm going to try to put in words what yesterday felt like as we caught glimpses and full out views of Lake Superior with sunshine all the way, as well as trees in the most beautiful colours I could imagine. Very hard to throw out words that can describe the feeling's Polly and I had as we traveled along, stopping here and there for a walk on the beach, or just a view we wanted to relish for a minute. 

I saw so many photo opportunitys, just driving not possible, Polly did take a few, I'll add her, but mostly we just watched the scenes go by in awe 😲🍂🍁🍂😲

Warm sun beats in the window right from the start of the day when we left the truck stop we stayed in just past Wawa, as the visitor center now has sign's saying "No camping here." So we didn't stay, instead we stay over where we got fuel. Was a little noisy in the night, as a truck running beside us, but we managed to get to sleep, and had a very good sleep 
 
Coffee ☕ was at the fuel station, so Polly brought in the slides as I picked up 2☕☕, and off we went. Wawa didn't get any business from us this time. First stop was Old Woman Bay.

Was nice to visit here, walk on the beach for a few minutes, as usual Polly looked for stones 😄 

I can't add too many photos here, or this gets hard to open, so I'll leave it to FB to show off photos. 

We stopped again at another beach, then we found out we were supposed to pay to park. New to us.

As I write now Polly is getting ready to go out, a drive into "The Sault" as many call it, get a few things, and take a look around the town. I'm sitting in the sun, warm and content to write, and look up every once in awhile at the view here the water, the other trailers, and the dog barking crow cawing, and me moving from sun soaked chair to chair. 

We woke today hearing the news of Florida, not as bad as they predicted, still some died, some got trees on them, and some flooded. We hope to still spend our winter there, will see how it pans out as the days ahead unfold. Sad to hear the news anyway, I know this has happened many times before, yet still sad to hear. 

A trailer just moved out, end of the season here, the park closes on the 15th, a couple days after we leave. It will be harder to get sites now as we travel, until we get below New York I'm thinking. Nice feeling knowing we are really self contained if need be. 

My message here is we had a beautiful drive to here, and I'm sure be beautiful again towards Guelph, but the lake we saw is behind us now, will see some of lake Huron, but nothing like we've seen so far. Sudbury we will pass by this time, but want to stop at Parry sound to see what it's like. I better call the campground while I think of it. 

I'm thinking I could just stay right here all afternoon. I hear Polly, I'm thinking she's ready now. Well, be nice in the Sault too! 

Sure love this life of travel ❤️
 

No comments:

Post a Comment