Wednesday 8 May 2024

6:06am, up to another beauty day.

I woke early again, sleep came early as well, I waited for the birds to start chirping this morning, but I just had to get up before they started. The rooster πŸ“πŸ“ started not long after I got up. Made coffee ☕, boy is it good. 

Full time in a trailer isn't for everyone, but it sure fits our life. Aging isn't for everyone either, but it beats the alternative. I'm sore this morning, I don't have arthritis, but I'm still sore, doing too much gives that kinda sore. At the same time it feels good 😊. I think to myself "I'll take it easy today, then I laugh, I know if I have something I've said to myself I'll do, that I like doing, I'll be on it! 

This year I realized I can continue to make things that I enjoy making where ever I go, with the battery operated tools it's easier. There light, portable, and not too expensive, so my hobby comes wherever I go now. 

Polly on the other hand, baking is her passion, and dam she sure does a great job of it. I finished the last buttertart yesterday after dinner, she said thanks, she already had her share too. When I finished it I wonder what will show up next.

I have a couple more planter boxes to make today, and a few signs I said I'd produce for the weekend to display at the market. Be a really nice morning there this weekend, warm sunny days ahead. 

          my stock's getting depleted 

I'm kinda rambling today, no real solid point. I did start to plan our trip when we leave here for Grande Prairie, we want to stop in the Okanagan this year, we planned it last year, but the fires kept us away, hope we can make it this year. 


A little town in B.C. came up in reading something this morning I'd never heard of before Savona, so I put it in the search window, and it's at the west end of Kamloops lake. I'm thinking we'll have to go check it out on our way north this year, has a provincial Park at that end of the lake, might be a nice place to stay for a few nights, if we can get a site.

Today another beauty outside, I'll use up some more wood today, got a guy coming wants 6 boxes, 44"x16"x24" tall 12" deep. I'm going to see if he'll change his dimensions a little so I can use half a pallet for the bottom, just might save a lot of work. 

The days are flying by, Canuck's hockey πŸ’ tonight poker game also tonight, tomorrow Thirsty Thursday πŸΊπŸ˜€ be nice, will see Sonny one last time before he heads outta Port Alberni. He became a regular face I'd see here at Arrowvale last month, as he'd go for his wash up every day and pass by our campsite. We had a few beers together, and talked a bit, been nice getting to know him. He said he's committed to coming to visit us in Yuma next March when we are there, look forward to this.

I took a few photos yesterday for Ann here, she's creating wool hats, and wanted a photo for showing them off. Was a quick photo shoot, but fun, the two girls that work for here, and Ann modeled Ann's hats. 

               Big smile's all around 

I hear Polly stiring now, guess it's time I went outside and got busy. Can't use any equipment yet, 6:40, too early. But I'll get the boards I choose ready. Make a plan, then start about 9am. I'll go for a walk today too. 

The meandering of an early riser πŸ˜€ 

Polly says she got a sore back this morning, as I've said before, this gettin old isn't for the faint of heart ❤️ 

Polly says was a funny dream, can't share here, not pretty 🀣 she said. 

I do really love this life. 

Meeting people as they come pickup the planters I've made, is interesting, always a new face, all with a little time to talk. The market is the same, so many people to meet. Dam life is good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment