Wednesday 22 May 2024

I Will


There is a sign on what we called a telephone pole, really now more of an Internet and electricity pole. The sign says "I Will" 

I would see this on Hector rd as I was walking, always thought it was an optimistic person put it up passing on his optimism. 

I just this year realized there was another sign on the other side of the road about two or three poles down that says "❤️U" 

I remembered that there was another sign a few years ago that said "always" on a pole in between the two other signs. Connect the dots in my mind, 
"I Will Always ❤️U"  was the message. 

I'm thinking what a romantic gesture, taking the time to afix something that so personal, and so public, yet because of the height almost completely private. 

Now I walk by looking at it in such a different way, wondering if the person that placed the signs is still with that person, or ever was? Like only knowing part of a story it keeps me guessing. 

Just think, the "Always" is gone, I know there is a new pole there, and that's likely the reason the sign is missing, but could be the message changed to "I Will ❤️ U."

On another note, I saw a photo of a friend I went to school with yesterday on FB, I remember he retired, but I hadn't seen him for a long time. The comments were all about missing him, he died I'm thinking, I didn't know. I didn't comment, I was surprised. 

I said to a friend after a memorial this past week, that's our future, more people passing as we are that age now, more funerals than weddings and birthday celebrations. That's life, nobody gets out alive. 

When Polly and I decided to sell it all and travel, we knew we were on our last years of life, we planned to see all we could, and we still are. We still look forward to our next trip. I'm very happy to say we have a good one planned for this next fall and winter. 

Polly's telling everyone that'll listen where we plan to go, and what we hope to see. I love watching her as she explains our plans. Yep, we are excited to travel this year, even if the cost goes up for medical insurance, and everything else. Cost is something that will continue to rise, no matter what we do, or don't do. 

Good we are getting a decent pension, that allows us to travel. We still live within our means, with a few excursions as we go. 

Such is life of RV traveling fools we are๐Ÿ˜„

I Will Always ❤️ U Polly 

Love our life ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment