Tuesday 18 June 2024

Your wish granted!

This year I've realized how easy it is for me to grant wishes. I can deliver what someone requested and they are so happy with what I've built. What a great feeling that is for me and them. Money exchanges, but the real good feeling comes when I get the "Thanks for making my" whatever I made. That expression of appreciation is so great, feels good knowing they really like whatever I made for them, and they are truly happy with it. 

This week alone I got the "I love my ladders!" also "Thanx for bringing the trellises in for me, they look awesome!"
 & Someone looking forward to what I'll make "Perfect I’m going to love it"
There have been many different things along the way, I am so happy when Polly shows off the different things I've done in our home, small changes, but important to her. Feels good knowing I've improved a person's life by doing something I love. 




There is the other part of what I'm doing, I get to work with some of the most beautiful wood as I build. I showed my nefew yesterday a piece of wood, was so many beautiful colours and grains that I kinda hate putting it under a table, but I got to look at it, and I think I'll take a photo and put it here. 



          Red cedar beauty here 

Not everyone appreciate's wood the way I do, and that's ok, I just really see the beauty in it and that keeps me building with woods of all kinds. This year mostly Red Cedar, and some Yellow Cedar. Pallets I have used while in Yuma, and I'm sure I will again, they have some beautiful grains hidden underneath often.

Today I researched a "potato onion box" I think I know what the person wants, but I'm just looking for interesting ideas that will make it special. Yesterday I finally found the wood I've been looking for for a picnic table, a bit bigger project for me, so I wanted the best wood I could find, and I got it from the mill down the road I've been getting most my wood from this year. 

Funny how I felt, I was home with that wood cutting it up, and planning the table as I went, excited, forgot I had to marinate the fish for dinner. Polly came out the door, said "you going to marinate the fish now" holly, I looked at the phone 4:00, and completely forgot, dinner is to be at 5:30. 
I was excited, as I'd been planning this awhile, so got right into it. 

I do loose track when I'm working at what I love! Today I'll meet with the person that I'm making the table for, getting it right is important to me, and can't do that as good over a message as well as in person. When I'm at the market and a person approach's with a request, I try to get all the information right then, I'm sure I'll make exactly what they want then.

This sign was my first request last Saturday, before I'd even set up, a woman that's husband and herself operate an RV park, and often people come to the door when he's sleeping and she's away here working. Is a simple message, and easy sign, still I liked building it. 

         Sign that u can use both sides

Today I attach something to a project I completed, just a little something to make it look a little nicer because I want to. No request, just a saw it after and looked not complete.

Polly is up now, planning some of our day happens now. The hockey 🏒 game is what's on her agenda, I'm like, "we could go out and watch it!" "Naww, Naw" she says as she clicks around looking for where we could watch it on the TV. 

I really don't care, but Polly she loves her hockey 🏒 😍

Soon I'll have to pack up, still not sure how this will go this year, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to store my tool's and wood in the same place again. Another little concern I have wiggling in the back of my mind.

As I write I'm talking with Penny my daughter, she's busy too, doing what she loves, and planning more for the future. Some of the things she's doing makes her $$, like the hat she made for me for Father's Day. I'm liking it, I got the name from my Nefew Steven, and a hat with it on it. I never really thought of what I was doing with a name, but here it is now. I'm smiling, funny how things just work out if ya just let em go. 



I'm very happy this morning, all is good in our lives. I got a really nice post from Clara, and a call that evening saying how much she appreciates me and my efforts. Penny & Dax and Catherine, Jesse & Crystal, Carl & Shayla came for burgers 🍔 all family around made for a great Sunday Father's Day & Penny's Birthday. Tyler showing up yesterday made it even better, always loved that little boy who's grown so big! 

Life is good, love our life ❤️ 






No comments:

Post a Comment