Sunday 2 June 2024

A week of 😲 WOW

This week was one of the fastest I've had for a long time. Building planters isn't rocket science, but when I get lots of requests, I like to complete the orders quickly. Everything takes time, and as I started to feel like I was rushing I remembered the reason I was doing this In the first place, to enjoy the process. As I was scraping the bark off a piece of live edge cedar I was making into a bench I remember, don't rush the process. 

Planters & live edge bench I made for Neil @ Lock Busters in Port Alberni 

From then on as I worked I really enjoyed what I was doing, not to rush through it. I made so many planters I started to run out of the cedar I was using, and thankfully a friend Bob Lloyd had some he'd offered to me, so I went over to his place and picked it up. He had a message for me, "let's get together, we are getting a little long in the root, and we only have so much time left". He's right, so that's another one of the reminders I need to get it straight that I need to do. 

I just realized I promised a woman I'd come look at a screen door to install at her place yesterday morning, I got so into another order, a guy was coming to get, and a stand I'd started to make, that I completely forgot about making this appointment. I'm going to have to call her today, apologize, and see if another day be ok. I feel silly when I forget something like that. 

Forgetting is something, I have to really concentrate on marking things down now, even then I can forget. I'm not sure if just old age, or too many thoughts going around in this well used brain. Oh well, I'm still kickin, better than the alternative. 

Our grandson Jet's graduation 🎓 ceremony was yesterday, was a really good graduation. Many children (well adults now), graduating this year. Everyone dressed up in the most beautiful interesting clothing. Everyone looking so great, and the weather seemed like it might rain, but it held, and went to sunshine at half way through. Was a perfect day for graduation. 


A BBQ after at his place, put on by his Dad Kenny & Step Mom Jessica was a nice way to end the graduation, we got to meet and talk with all Jet's family, everyone that supported him through his life. There I'm sure we're a few that didn't make it, but most all his supportive family was there.

The saying "It takes a community to raise a child", I believe this, as we grow there are so many people that effect how you are shaped, and with Jet like everyone, he has had many people help him along, in many different ways. As grandparents we really just keep in touch, and visit with him at this time in his life. But there was a time when we'd take him and his brother and our other grandchildren to our cabin down the canal in Port Alberni, that time was a special time in all their lives, a time they'll never forget. So many things to do, and no phone to play games on. Was such a great time. 

Jet's now got a plan in place, he explained it to me yesterday, finish his schooling, get his car going, needs a few repairs. Practice driving, and get his license. Then start working in August, from there he'll continue without taking time off till he goes to school in Victoria for his sheetmeal work and HVAC apprenticeship. I like that he has a plan. 

After the BBQ we came over to our friends Americo & Claudette's for a visit and stay the night. It's their 39th anniversary, WOW, that's aong time married. They're younger than us, still kickin up their heels often. We had a drink with them, stayed in and just watched a little TV, as we yaked. Was a nice day, all in all. 

When I leave home I don't think of what I've got to do, it's a holiday, even just a day or two away, a holiday. Well actually all our life is a holiday 😄, so fortunate we are. 

Will start my building again tomorrow, every day now, I see wood, sure is a good feeling. After a few more planters, I'm going to get back to that Bench I started, wanna finish that this week. I'm still thinking of what's next! Lol

Life is really good, especially when I'm living in the moment. 

Love our life ❤️

Oh yeah, I took time out for a ride up the mountain with Moe Francoeur, that was and excellent day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment