Friday 12 July 2024

Fidlers in the campground

I heard it from our campsite, the sounds of fideling in the distance, I finished my bench, then off I went seeing Donny and his son Reo, and Nathan and Ayla, all gathered just past the office, above the lower campground, with their chairs. I brought a chair, and a pop, and sat and listened to some of the most beautiful music 🎢🎻🎻

Where do you get a pop up fidlers concert while you're camping. I just thought, as a bald eagle πŸ¦… glided by, and the music played, and the park on the other side of the road, with kids yelling at each other as they played, just how freaking great this was. 

As I wrote another musician came, opened his kit, and out comes another instrument, at least 9 players I counted, so great. So far I haven't heard a squeak, or a note out of tune. All very good players. 

         so much goodness 🎻🎢🎻

This is a part of Arrowvale campground that I don't get to experience often, such great music, all in tune with the surroundings. A couple from Vancouver came an sat down in the chairs Donny and Rio were in, we talked about the music, and the campground, they just retired this year, so a camping around Vancouver Island this summer, and talk of Yuma next winter. Then another couple came by from Duncan, we talked about the campground, and the music, and Yuma, and many part's of camping all over. 

In the meantime the fidlers kept playing, kids kept playing too, and we yaked on. 

Back home now, sitting inside, wrapped up my shop, finished for today. Got the heart ❤️ done, and the bench I started awhile ago, I will put a finish on them both tomorrow. 

The bench sits fine, tested by a few already. 


Can't think of a better way to spend my last couple hours of Fridays evening. 

9:30 and I'm yawning now, I'll try to stay up just a little longer, but it's bedtime soon πŸ˜€

Another great day here at Arrowvale. 

Love our life ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment