Wednesday 17 July 2024

Why are we humans so driven?

 I looked at the dog on our porch yesterday thinking, why are we, humans, so driven to do! Giter-done attitude is something I operate under, yet looking at this older dog Penny, I think to myself why is it we are so driven? 

Doesn't really matter why, I just accept that that's me, I'm not driven all the time, especially when it's hot as it has been, I got a few good hours in the morning, up to about noon or 1pm, then I'm looking for lunch, a snooze, then later a swim, well really a soak is more like it. The river here is just the right temperature right now to cool off, but not shocking to dive in. 


I've started on a project I've put off till it warmed up, the drawer under the bed. Polly thought be good to have, rather than lifting the bed everytime we want to access the storage we have under. Of course it really warm, and the day I start Polly decided to make butter tarts too, so hotter than expected in the bedroom with oven on 🥵.

On goes the AC in the bedroom, and I keep tearing things apart. It's a struggle getting up and down, but I think I've got the worst done now, just have to make the drawer today, and install, then the button up finishing. Hopefully today be smooth, I started yesterday, didn't go so smoothly, the drawer I started on was too week of material, going to the lumber store today, gotta get better material. 

Penny of course will lay and wait for another milkbone, dogs life. Still she's a good friend. 


I can't start too early as many still sleeping, so I write this now. I know today is the day advertised for picture contest, pictures of Port Alberni today. I wonder who's photo will win? What's the prize? I saw a sight this morning that be nice, but when I went back and got my phone I got sidetracked, and forgot till the opportunity looked much different. 

The sky was pink, really bright, this doesn't really look like it did. Still I do like the mist over the field, and the light pink sky. My first thought when I saw it was how beautiful it looked, next came the thought, is there a fire 🔥? 


I sure hope not, although it's something we expect now as it warms up. I feel the trailer shaking a little, Polly be up soon, I hear the goats bleeding away, someone is there, they hoping more food I'm thinking. 

And the day at Arrowvale begins again, we leave in a couple weeks, I'm going to miss this place, been a really good spring & part of summer here. Polly's up, telling me she saw one of the baby goats rolling in the dirt, she's not really awake yet. 

Well off to the lumber store now, get the sides for my drawer. 

We both yawn, 😂 will get going soon. 

Love this life, our life ❤️ 


No comments:

Post a Comment