Sunday 14 July 2024

Sunday morning again, weeks are flying

We had a great Saturday, I had plans for so much, that I didn't do, as many other more important events got to take top priority. 

In the Cool of the early morning I went to my step daughters place, her wheelchair was not able to go up the sidewalk, too narrow. Also wasn't able to get onto the road as no ramp from the sidewalk to the road. I did get the top of the existing ramp patched up, so could get past that, then home to get more wood, and tools. 

After making the ramp to the road, I got after the boards beside the sidewalk to make it wider so the chair would go up the sidewalk. The test was going good, until she got to the existing ramp, the wheelchair started to go up then almost over backwards, WOW, almost onto her head, if not for the handrail I'm sure Catherine woulda been upside down. 

Back to the drawing board. Last week I was given a wheelchair ramp that was installed at a friend's home they had just bought, he didn't want it there, so with my help, Phil tore it down, I took the lumber, not knowing exactly what I was going to do with it. Ta-da, I'm sure I'll find someone that'll need it! 

This week I'll be building a longer ramp for Catherine. Funny how life works. Good I said yes to the wood. 

I had invited a friend and his kids to come out for a swim in the afternoon, as I got in the truck, I looked at my phone, Barb was asking if we were home today? Yes we are I reply, there coming for a visit. I get home, and tell Polly, going to be a fun afternoon. Barb & Chris showed up just after lunch, and during our visit Ted and his children show up too, so we all visited for awhile inside the trailer, as was just too hot outside. 

After we yaked it up awhile, told so many good stories, the river called, and we walked down for a swim. Barb and Polly stayed and yaked, but Chris came with us to the water. Ahhh, now that was just great, a dip on a hot day was just what we all needed. Chris stayed on the beach, while Ted his kids Claire and Carter and Bolt their dog & I got to enjoy the water. 

Made me happy to see them in the river. After awhile we talked about floating the river, Ted had never done it. We have a plan, all going well for a float on Sunday the 28th before we leave, be a good day for it, Ted's wife Sylvie be off that day, be a good day for a float down the river I hope. 

We also got plans for a visit at Chris and Barb's home, and maybe a trip to Creekers pub for a few wabllies. 

Plans, nothing like building plans for the future, even if just a beer with a friend. Sometimes talk of the past, then of who's not with us anymore, then the happenings of town. Laughs, stories, and more as we build our future plans together. Polly won't go down the river, but she'll drive us to where we start, and Arrowvale is a great place to get out. 

I didn't get any of the things I thought I was going to do done yesterday, but I did get plans for the future built, and the visits we really nice to have on a warm day. Oh yeah, as we yaked a woman pulled up in her car, she came to pickup a sign that her granddaughter ordered when she was at Arrowvale. No cash, ok e-transfer be great 👍 Ellen was her name, she told me she had 16 grandchildren, that they rented a place at the lake, 14 of them showed up this year. I can imagine the fun they would have. 

The sign was ordered last week, I thought maybe the woman would show, but never expected her grandma to show, she said her granddaughter didn't forget, just couldn't make it back, so being a good grandma she picked it up. 

Was a great Saturday, in the evening I got a text from a friend asking about the wood I'd got, how much of the 2x4, might want it for my fence. I'm happy to oblige, thinking to myself how funny life is, ya just never know the turn's that come on any one day. 

Getting light out now, I'm going for my second cup ☕, another beauty day ahead. Wonder what today will bring us? 

When I woke I got the coffee going, and picked up the phone, just about the time I started to think this darn FB is sure fulla crap I didn't care to see, this came up!

Hmm, this gave to a little bit of tears, it's amazing how life works. ❤️

Love our life, even the hard times❤️

Future is bright 😎 on a sunny Sunday 




No comments:

Post a Comment