Sunday 7 July 2024

Sunday morning thoughts.

I started writing this blog as we started traveling, we are getting close to travel again after being here at Arrowvale for 3 months, we are now in month 4. We leave here August 1st for a week at the Qualicum Native campground in Qualicum Bay. We both are looking forward to traveling again, even though will be spending a long time in Grande Prairie, visiting our family and friends. 

We have a plan in place, our stop's are laid out, with unknown stops between, this is where the excitement builds. We love all the planned stops, but the places between, that's the part that I really like, as you see another different area when you park in a place you've never been before, and look around there. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting with family and friends 🤗❤️

I woke to the rooster today, he's doing his job out there as he has to. I'm here doing my job. Do I have to? No I don't, lucky me I can do what moves me, what I want to do.

 Today I'm going to get the boards and plywood from a friend we met here, Phil. He and Val moved into their new to them home and the wheelchair ramp that was from the driveway to the front door was not needed for them. He said he'd give it to me if I'd come help him take it down, so yesterday after I finished a couple more planters, I went over at noon, and helped him. Was almost all done, then I was done, the days push to finish the last few planters had caught up, and working in direct sun was too much, 2pm I said, I'll take the last pieces down tomorrow, Phil had to be somewhere. I was done. 

Not Phil though, he took the last bit down later that day, and today I pickup all this ramp. What exactly I'm going to do with it? I have a plan, I think someone somewhere will be needing a wheelchair ramp as I'm writing, and this lumber will go there. I haven't advertised it yet, but I believe I'll get a buyer for this lumber and plywood. I'm not looking forward to building, or rebuilding a ramp, but I've still got some time here, never know what might come. 

Since the covid times, I've said yes more often than not, it's exciting to see what comes when you say yes before your sure the outcome. Today I move the lumber, not sure where I'll store it till next spring, or all going good I'll sell it before we leave here. 

We have new neighbors now that Phil & Val left, they came in the middle of the week, backed in right to the trees, setup, then as I saw him go by I said my usual, "Howdy 🤠 Neighbor" he stopped, then turned and came over we shook hands, and he said "Hi I'm Nick, I think we were neighbors last year!" Yes we were I remember now, he came with his son and set-up last summer. I look forward to seeing him and his family again. The family will show up this week I'm thinking, him and his wife been there on there own so far. 

The rooster is quiet now, light is coming fast now, so is the cool of the morning, was 70° inside our trailer when I woke. Going to be even hotter today.

We spent the late afternoon and evening with my sister Joy & our brother in law Dan, at the Shady Rest for dinner. Was a really fun time, a great visit, one of those needed and wanted times. We sat inside, looking out at the water, tide was coming up, Dan and I both woulda loved to go for a swim, water I'm sure would be warm as it just came over the sand that had been in the sun all day. 

We watched as people paddle boarded, and kyacked, and some had their 🛟 float's, some just swimming. Was a very relaxed dinner, loved every moment. Polly showed Joy how to gamble with Keno, wasn't a success. 🤣 

After we took a short walk along the boardwalk, water was right up then, sat on a bench in the shade and yaked some more, we had lots to talk about. Joy & Dan had just bought a new to them home in the same area as Phil & Val. They had much to look forward to, as they showed us the photos of the house, beautiful place, we are excited for them. 

Joy asks a one point, "do you want to store your small trailer of tools at our place?" I'll see what comes, they don't move in till July 26th, and we leave the next week, so be in the middle of their move in, I won't bother them at that time. 


5:30 now, I'm going to go for a little walk about with my second cup ☕ and look at the views of Arrowvale. We had two baby goats 🐐 born Friday, so many are wanting to see them, Polly had a good look yesterday before we went to dinner.
Always something happening at Arrowvale farm & Campground. 

Well of for a walkabout with coffee ☕ ☕ 

Very content right this minute.

Sure love our life ❤️ 🤗 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds productive - glad to hear that we will be seeing you at QFN soon! We are there for 16 days starting July 19....we will be in site #1.

    ReplyDelete