Friday 27 September 2024

FB helps friends reconnect & More!

I had no idea as we crossed our country to Moosejaw to have a visit with our Nefew how close we were to a friend that was connected on FB, yet I didn't know exactly where he was. The invite to come and say Hi was a surprise that turned out to be so fun I'm still shaking my head. 

I made a post that we made it to Moosejaw and Frank's comment was "Kool I’m not that far from there come for a visit I live in Montmartre 😊". That's all it took, we were up for a visit on our way east, to a place not far off our path. Kindle Old friendships always something we both love to do, but this visit was really great 👍 

I always really liked Frank, we'd had some fun times when we were young starting outing life, so lots to talk about past, but with his ex-wife Melodie coming to visit, and his Daughter Cassie, we really had so much yak, yak, yak, and so much lol, lol, lol.

From what started as an invite to have a visit, I thought an afternoon, or maybe a night, turned into three nights and day's, and so much fun, so much searching our past, and building a future to see each other more in our future. We laughed so much, along with "baking with Polly" the course she put on for Melodie, that I'm sure Frank will reep the benefits from. 

I'm still shaking my head at how this really good visit started, even had a call from our friend Bev as we were all together, a friend we had just been talking about, along with others from our past, as she called! Was fun that call, but so much really good really fun time's we talked about, that I'd forgotten about. 

I often say how FB, even with all it's advertising, and crap we don't want, is a very good connector we have that can help us stay connected, and keep us connected, even if it's years since we've been together. Sometimes we don't take the time to really connect, but as Frank said in our visit "This is what's important, our talk our being together, not the stuff that has to be done, it can wait, this is what's important!". 

I believe that's the right attitude, enjoy the times we can be together, especially as we age. This past year we have, connected to many good friends, and as I write this we are now in the front yard of Polly's cousin's house, about to enjoy a week with them here in La Broquerie Manitoba.
 

We met John and Julie's son Little John, and his wife last night before we hit the hay, will see them and the rest of the family at a shop party that I learned will be outside, their son Rob created another place to have a BBQ in his 120acre back yard. 

Yep, I'm shaking my head as I write, what a great life we have, and Frank's right, this is what it's all about, not just getting stuff done 👍.

Love our life ❤️ 





No comments:

Post a Comment