Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Knee replacement night at Duncan hospital


Thanks for the ice machine Pete Aspiall
Along with other equipment. A walker, and a toilet seat, was not correct configuration, but still nice. 
 
Thanks Cindy and Ted Donovan for another 4 wheel walker, be using that later. Ant the toilet seat that fits just right. 

People very helpful with the equipment they've had to buy as they've had similar surgeries. 


Alexa's the nurse at the room, got me a phone 📱 charger as I'd forgotten mine. 
Iris the flower in admitting me and getting everything ready in the sheet divided area I think of as my room. 
Many women from Philippines here helping.
Sarah, a woman we've known From when we lived in Ladysmith in the admitting area. 

Another woman that came up with the idea of placing photos on the top of the wall of dogs and other animals of the people that work where ya start out in the process, also recover there too. She and I had a really good conversation about her dog, who passed in the last week, she was really good to talk with, helped give me a really good attitude heading into surgery. 

I needed it too, as when Polly & Shayla were dropping me off at the front door, a woman drove up behind us, is two lanes, and as I got out she raised her arms, like what am I doing, (my excuse for my behavior is I was hungry) turned into hangry. I raised my hands back, then she gave me the finger, so back it went, then I shut my door, took about 1 minute total, but she then pulled ahead and said if I learned how to park wouldn't be a problem, along with a few "Cursives" I'd heard before. Well that led to me giving her a few words I won't repeat back as she drove away.
 I was kinda dumbfounded, and angry. But after the conversation with the woman in the entrance as I waited to go into the holding area, I forgot about it. 

Now thinking about it, I should have just brushed it off earlier, people sometimes have an attitude that sucks, no response would have been better. 

Anyway, I'm feeling great now, sore knee, but drugs will come, and sleep will too. 

Everyone's comments on my post are good too, and a conversation with Polly Shayla and Carl a few minutes ago really was nice. Nice to have that concern and support. 

Bathroom break now, that's a little bit of a challenge. I'm going to wait till the last minute, before I'm ready to sleep. 

My neighbor just puked, I feel sorry for him, bowel cancer. Now the button pushes, yes he's got it rough. Often I count my blessings. 
He got some drugs to help with reducing the sickness. 

Going to be an interesting night I'm sure, counting on the drugs to give me some rest. 😴

Nice to have good friends and family that care, making me appreciate "Y'all", a saying I learned In USA, ❤️

Sure do love our life ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment