Saturday 17 August 2024

Rooster 🐓 followed me to Little-Fort

We've had a good drive north through Merritt on to Kamloops then stopped here at little fort, a small town on our way towards Jasper, through to Hinton, then up to Grande Prairie. This stop was just a pull out by a gas station, and after we parked, walked to the trailer on the muddy ground, we decided better to stay in, didn't want to drag the mud in. 

Later in the evening I hear the bull, making noise just like I remember at Arrowvale. I look across the highway, there's a farm there, I say to Polly "hope they don't have a rooster" 🐓 3:52 am, I'm awake already, slept my share and what do I hear just now, a rooster. I snickered, yes I'm destin to have a rooster close. 

I woke early today, been sleeping in lately, but today is more my normal. Our trip here was good, a few cars that want to get ahead of us last minute as the lane narrows, and I'm to get over, merge. I said a few "what the hell, you freakin idiot" "Wait till the last second then decided to pass". But mostly good drivers, just a few goofs. The hill after peachland I realized is long, and steep, not too steep for our Rambo, but still was a long haul up that. I'm glad it was cool out, even a little rain on way through Penticton. 

Today we will drive to Hinton, not a long drive, but long enough, no big hurry. We have a serviced campsite we phoned ahead for, guy sounded really nice. Want to shower and clean up a bit before we get to GP. We did stay in Hinton last trip up, in the parking lot, was ok, and would maybe have done same thing this time, but I didn't check the water when we emptied the tanks, so low to no water makes a difference. 

Rooster went back to bed, I will to when I'm tired enough. No coffee ☕ yet, later after my second sleep. I woke this morning thinking of many things as per usual, and somewhere in that came my thoughts of Chris. I do try to avoid it, but today came on just a little stronger. 

Train now, that's about the fifth since I woke, never woke me but, yep two longs, one short and a long seems to be the go to here. A truck pulled in in the night, right beside us, they gotta sleep too. 

My Chris thoughts got stronger when I got up and ready something someone posted on FB about missing someone, and how it's ok, they are there in all you do, and will see them when I pass. I'm not thinking that, but I do see him in much I see daily. I try not to let it get me, but tonight, it does. So I reach in my pocket, pull out the paper towel, and wipe and blow. Then I write again.

This grieving is something you can't hurry, it just catches you when you don't expect it, and my way is just let it out when it comes. Best at night, when I'm alone. Ok, now for another piece of towel. I sigh, and peck here on the phone, rooster started again. I laugh to myself, still dark, but he knows the day is beginning. 

We only pulled one slide out, take up less room. Or living room is narrow then, but the kitchen is usable, Polly made 🍔 hamburger's for dinner, Beacon 🥓 🧀 cheese burgers. I said to her that I didn't always have that before, but I do now, that Chris would love it to know so many of his friends and family have that in memory of him. To celebrate him. Going for towel 3 pretty soon. 

I hear a bit of rain on the roof, I do like that about trailer life, I'm just a little more in contact with the outside, window usually open a little, when it's warmer, so we hear so much more than in a house. Although I could do without the rooster. He's gone back to sleep again lol. 

Looking forward to seeing our family and friends in Grande Prairie, be nice to get hug's, and give them. Been about 10 months since we were here, October 15th I think we left last year. Was a long stay last year, won't be as long this time. Having family in two places makes it different to get and be with them all during a year, but we are working it best we can, at least we have our home with us when we are where they are. 

Our oldest granddaughter and her fiance will be in GP for a visit while we are there this time, been along time since she has seen her sister and father, her brother too, as well as Ciara Chase and Colton. Be nice to see them all together. Polly keeps saying "have to have another Christmas 🎄 this time Christmas in August"

I smile, will see what comes. 


4:43 now, back to bed or make coffee ☕? Hmm.  I think I'll try bed, but not really tired yet. Bosco's picture fell down yesterday Polly noticed after she let the slide out, no damage, so will repair when in GP. A car or two going by now, people on way to work or something, early yet people waking to start their day.

Well I better try to sleep a little more, now, or I'll be yawning all day. 

I do love our life, just sometimes it hurts.
❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment