Sunday 4 August 2024

You never really know how it'll go!

A day starts out and you make a plan, or have a plan for what you're going to do, and darned if it doesn't get changed before it even starts. Oops, 😬 my back hurts, ahh! What did I do? I don't know, just stood up and owe, hurt's so bad! 

That's how fast plans change, Doobie Brothers concert in Parksville was our plan, home taking a few pills in pain was Polly's really yesterday. Today much better, still a little bit of a hitch in her get along, but much better. 

And that's just how fast life can take a turn, a little back pain, holds us up for awhile, but other changes, changes that don't go away, they are life altering. So far we have our health, we know that can change anytime. We don't have that in our plans, but as we age we see what it does to others, and know our turn could come anytime. 

Polly asks just now, well really announces "Sunday today, isn't it!" Then back to reading something. I lol to myself, I'm expecting something coming 😂

Today we have dinner plans with friends in Courtenay, Polly of course makes a desert. Claudette says she doesn't have to, she was going to make a desert, but oh no, even with a sore back, she hobbled to the store, got the groceries yesterday, and made a desert. I laughed about her stubborn way, yet it's what keeps her moving, not going to just sit, she had a plan, not going to let a pain in my back stop me! 

Well some have pains and problems that you can't push aside, that I'm not looking forward to, not in the plan, but likely to come, like it or not. We have been asked many times, "what's your plans later, after you stop traveling?" So far same answer, "well decide when the time comes " no real plans yet, so far we still want to travel, till we can't, or decide we have had enough. 

When the weather is good, and the site were in is just right, we don't think of long range plans, mostly we have a loose knit plan of where we'll travel to in the next year, back to Port Alberni again, and then as we get closer to that time, we'll be making up our next year's plans. 

All good till a hickup you can't get over, then we will deal with that when the time comes is our plan. 

Today we have our years travel plans, and weather is great, friends all around us, dinner out tonight, oh and the neighbors gave us a fish yesterday, be having that tomorrow, doesn't get much better. 

Sometimes I hear people say "Life is how you make it" I agree somewhat, but I do notice, some like us seem to get all the luck, and others have hard times all along. I'm not sure why, but I am really happy we seem to have mostly good times. 

Had an early morning wakeup today, it was lite already, but sun had yet to show, made coffee then out to watch and take a few photos. There was a woman out doing the same, but she had a decent camera, and was really getting the best shots, down low close to the waters edge, in line with where the water was breaking over the line of rocks. I remember doing that kind of photography, I'm glad I did, I don't want to anymore. 

It was nice to really just watch the sun coming up, take a few photos with my phone camera, and walk back to our trailer and have a coffee and chat with my daughter and friend as I took the photos, and back at our trailer. 

What more can a guy ask for, life is really good. 

Sure do love our life ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment