Thursday 1 August 2024

Moving day today. đŸ›ģ🏡

đŸĢ đŸĢ Donkey's came for the grass and a pet before we left. 

All packed up and ready for our next adventure S we head out today for Qualicum native campground in Qualicum Bay. We have stayed there most every year for a short time, a week or two. We're both looking forward to traveling again, even though we really enjoyed Arrowvale campground again this spring, time to do like the birds do and flock off. 

Be nice to enjoy the ocean for awhile, listen to the gull's and watch the cruise ships motor by in the evening all lit up. Put our feet in the sand, walk the shoreline, and smell the salt air. We both love being by the ocean, and aft this week will be another 3 months or more before we get by it again, on the other side of North America, not sure exactly where we'll get to the ocean there, Boston is in our sights. 

Not looking too far ahead, we have many people we want to visit with before we get to the other side of the continent, first we go North, then East. 

Leaving we will miss, Penny 🐕 our friend that comes for a treat, she'll be missed for sure, the rooster 🐓, I'm thinking I won't miss, the river, been nice swimming each day. Our children and grandchildren, friends too. Will miss the daily routine here at Arrowvale, Bob & Ann, the others, all the animals, but heading out to new sights and sounds will be nice too.

Looking forward to seeing the sun coming up early, here we get the sun later as trees and mountains block it. 

Every place you go, just a little different in many ways. People change as you travel, just as the the campground does. One thing I've noticed lately that makes me think, I see people walking and looking at their phones, not unusual, but as they pass by they don't acknowledge each other, like they are living in the phone, not really in the place they really are. 

Here at Arrowvale, I just don't understand people passing up the chance to meet others, and exchange greetings, and get to know each other. Seems a waste looking at a phone, not saying "Hi" to a person beside as you pass. At least that's how I see it. I do like to meet people though, and here there are many from all over the world. Australian, German, Dutch, new Zealand, England, France, Brussels, even USA, and Eastern Canada, and Northern Canada. I haven't met many from the East, Chinese, Japanese, or East Indian, but a few pass by, but always fast moving, not stopping to talk. Russian, I have not met anyone from Russia here, or African. 

Traveling though you meet many, from all over the world, that's if you look up from your phone and say "Hi" and are interested enough to continue a conversation. Campground's are a perfect place to meet, as most are also traveling and interested in you and what you have to bring of intrest to them. Exchanging ideas, and getting information, makes the journey worth it, worth the investment to travel. It's not all about just seeing sights, but about the people you meet along the way. At least that's how I see it. 

I have met many here, through the woodworking, and just in opening my eyes to opportunity to talk, "Hi" goes along way, further than passing by not lifting you attention from the đŸ¤ŗ phone.

I saw a couple sitting on the bench I'd made this year, looking at their phones. I asked how they liked the bench, told them I'd made it, and conversation happened. They asked if there was a place here in Port Alberni that they could see a beaver đŸĻĢ, they were from out of our country, I didn't ask where this time, I just told them of the Beaver ponds, and answered their questions about parking at stamp falls park. They appreciated the help. 

I realize now people have grown used to looking to the phone for information, yet talking to people, people that are from the area, know more than the phone. Besides, I like talking with people. That's just me I guess. 😀

Coffee ☕ ☕ and cookies đŸĒ đŸĒ this morning my start. A walk about, and just might meet someone, and learn a little more about who knows what! 

Loving our life ❤️ traveling.


       My last swim was great yesterday 
    Our last sunset here was beautiful 





No comments:

Post a Comment