Tuesday 20 August 2024

We are the champions!

  Millie & Jack full pond/river experience 


At the pool today wondering where desire goes as we age? I see the volleyball 🏐 has started, I hear them having fun playing,  yet it's not something that interests me anymore. 

I started writing this 6 months ago in Arizona, I'm awake early now in Grande Prairie Alberta, thinking what have I started writing that I'm going to finish? 

This line of thought is something I do think of often, why am I loosing interest in things as I age? Is it just part of getting older? Or is it that like many things, I've done it enough and have lost interest? Or am I just getting lazy? πŸ˜†

I'm not sure, although I do know I've still got energy to things i really like. Someone asks, can you build this? Hmm, yep I can. Or what do you think of this? I'll give an opinion, mine. Or would you like to do this? Or want to go here? All these things I'm up for mostly, but play a game where you chase a πŸ€πŸŽΎ⚾⚽πŸ₯Ž, well I'm not really up for it. I think it's that I really don't see the point of it. To build something, to create something, or shape it, that interests me, to improve at hitting, chasing, or otherwise slapping a ball just not my thing. 

Sitting here in the dark early morning not really my thing either, but I'm wide awake, so I've watched a few videos, and read a few articles, now what? Let's write. Creative, thoughts I'm writing now, will I publish it? I'm doubtful as I peck here. 

Yesterday we both, Polly and I had much we wanted to accomplish, Polly some organization, and laundry to be caught up on. Me I had a bed project that I'd completed, drawer under the bed, that had a fail, I had to correct. 

We both got these done, and in the afternoon we went to visit Ciara & grandsons Chase & Colton. What a great feeling when he ran at Polly when we got out of the truck, she picked him up and big hugs, I didn't expect this, then he comes over to me with big hugs, and kisses as I pick him up. What a wonderful feeling that was, made me feel so good. 

We have Ciara hugs too, and as we went to the door, Chase was there with a hug for each of us, and winter their dog wanted some pets and a smell of us to reacquaint himself with us, he remember us too. What a great welcome, then Chase introduced us to his 3 friends, and not log after off to his room they go. Teen aged, I remember πŸ˜€.

Colton on the other hand, he's now showing us his toys, and the video on the phone, then off to his room, wanted to show me his room, toys, and stuffies. Was fast paced, as he is, from one thing to another, excited to show all he has and all he can do. 

What a great start to our visit, hugs and excitement day 2 in Grande Prairie. On Sunday when we arrived we had a warm welcome from Jack and Wendy & Gracie their dog too, she rememberd us as we pulled into there driveway, hugs, and excitement there as we set-up in exactly the same spot as last time. 


Our homecoming it felt like, we sat inside the garage in the shade and talked awhile, was nice to see them again. Not long after their kids, John & Madi came over with their two kid's, Millie & Lainey, oh and their dogs, Barb & Walter with tails wagging happily. What a welcome that was, really felt the Love ❤️.       

        We sat and talked outside 

Messages from Taylor our granddaughter that lives in GP, and Shayla who was on her way to GP. Kinda overwhelming in a really good way. 

Only one person missing here, and that seeped into my thoughts every once in awhile when I'd see something that'd remind me, but I pushed past this knowing I can't avoid the thoughts as so much here reminds me of Chris. 

All good, as you hear said often, "All's good!" That I believe to be a catch-all saying now, when I hear it every once in awhile I wonder is it really "all good?" Cause it doesn't feel like it. Yet we pass over the feeling, and push through life saying it's all good, when sometimes it's just not, yet we don't stop and dwell on it, for fear of what? Being real? 

I got a squeeze on the hand yesterday from Ciara, I know it's not all good there, but I like her pushed through without pausing to say, "dam it's not all good". A friend stopped in, Glen, he was armed with a loaf of his best banana 🍞 bread for us, that was a nice gift. We talked a bit about his pain, lost his wife last year, and friends and other family, and Chris who was a good friend to him and his family. I could tell he was in pain, yet he bumbled through it, and we both talked, yet moved past the pain. 

I just snickered to myself here, funny how we are. 

5:44 now, coffee ☕☕ is done, written all I wanted to now, maybe too much. Big storm and wind forecast for last night didn't come, that's good. Was a little concerned, talked about huge hail, big wind, damaging the forecast said. Good it fizzled. 


What more to say? All good! Even if it's not, on we all go best we can.

Love our life ❤️ even the hard times πŸ€—

No comments:

Post a Comment