Saturday 10 October 2015

Home this week, now what?

We now have a trip under our belt, and have a list to do's for the trailer, and truck. This week has been just getting back to our life and doing all that we have to catch up while gone. Monday, after work, cut the grass which has grown 8-10" since we left, and is thick, and damp in some spots even after the day of sun. I like to mow the lawn, so was nice to do, but a little more work than usual as long, and after 1st day back was tired. I got it done, just in time for the arrival of my sister in-law Lyn, who is here for a couple days. Her Daughter Kristy is having surgery today as she has a collapsed lung, and has had it on and off for a few months now. So is a waiting game till the surgery finishes and we all sigh relief, she is ok.

In the mean time I get cleaned up, and put on shorts and a t-shirt, and start on Margaritas for a start to our evening. We sit outside and talk, may be the last warm evening for awhile, as rain and wind in the forecast. Polly makes a beauty dinner, and Lyn and I stay outside yakin and just enjoying the moment.

I can't remember what we had for dinner right now, but was good as per usual, Polly always makes such wonderful food. The evening was laid back, but worrisome, till we heard from Kristy that she was OK.

Tuesday was sore as work was tougher than I thought on my body, and cutting the grass hard on the legs. Polly was feeling sick, had a fever, and she slept in today.  Polly has an opportunity to return to her old job till Christmas, and she makes arrangements with Bonnie to ride with her to work. Polly and Lyn go visit Kristy today, Polly calls from Kristy's room and I get a chance to talk with Kristy. She tells me of her experience when waking up in recovery, and we all have a good laugh. Nice to hear her voice, and good to hear all is good. Was like I remember Kristy like 10 years ago, she was really funny while telling her story!

Upon return of our trip I have to deal with Electrical problem in Strata, not what I hoped for the strata council stuff, was supposed to be an easy year I was told. Hmm, well all will work out.

Wednesday Polly gets back to work, and I change shifts with Kenny, and get the day to sleep in, I needed it.  Thursday was a tough go but Friday was worse, as had a bad sleep, and agreed to come in 2hrs early too. Glad this week is over.

Polly and I go to the Legion after I have a shower and a snooze. Not too much energy today, I have 1 beer, and no to much into it tonight, kinda numb all over. We go home after winning bacon and eggs in the meat draw. Was nice to see the Friday crew, has been quite awhile since we made it there, been really busy since spring started.

We were supposed to camp this weekend for Thanksgiving, but weather is to rain, and wind, so canceled. I regret it already, but will not miss being camping in the rain. Looking forward to dinner tonight with friends, and no travel sounds good, I still feel kinda numb.  

Light out now, will bring some coffee to my beauty wife, and talk. Life is good...

Oh! Bosco got a haircut yesterday, sure looks good on him. He feels better now I think, nice to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment