Saturday 11 November 2017



Remembrance Day, November 11, 2017.

Been awhile since I have posted here. Given myself many reasons why I haven't, just know I do like to write, but have to be motivated, and lately I have been somewhat less motivated. Not sure why, but when Polly, Bosco and I travelled, I liked to write, and when stationary I seem to think there isn't much to tell.

Today I took to reading someones blog that had just started out to write August, 2016. I got his name from his father, whom I met in Toastmasters a few years ago, and met again at the pool in Port Alberni a few weeks ago. The blog is interesting, and has reinvigorated me to write again, not that I have anything earth shattering to write about, just that I remembered how much enjoyment I got from writing, or pecking as i do... I really do like this, when I am in the groove. And today I am in the grooove...

We have been in Port Alberni since August 12th, returning from our trip around North America. At first there was much to do, Visits with family and friends was top to start, and telling the stories over and over about what we learned, and what we saw and how much we enjoyed all we saw and did.

We parked In Memere's driveway for the first month or so, and that worked well as we needed to be close, as her full time care giver was going for a holiday, as her daughter was here for a month long visit. Polly would be busy during this time, and I was busy with our Grandchildren, and the summer was coming to and end, I wanted to enjoy the last few days, before they went to school again. We did, swimming, and having fun at the lake, ocean, and river. I like it best when we are busy playing, as this is fun times, and so do the kids.

After we spent Labour Day weekend at Arrowvale Campground, with Penny, my daughter and her children, Jet and Dax, (we camped beside each other) Polly's Daughter Catherine's, kids Taylor and Jessie came and stayed with us. This was the last hurrah for summer, and we thoroughly enjoyed this weekend.

Then after that we started in on getting some of our stuff done, stuff like selling our boat, job one, and it sold by the end of September. Thanks to my Brother in-law, who helped me with the repairs needed to the boat trailer. This was the plan we had formulated as we drove around the country, sell our share in the float cabin, and sell the boat. Part one done, now the cabin will get more serious about that in the spring. Focusing on our immediate and necessary stuff we need, and selling what will hold us back from doing what we want in the future.

Next we enjoyed Thanksgiving, as we were invited for the 3rd time (this time we went) to a camp out at the first bridge group campsite at Sproat Lake, and was that ever a blast. Made some new friends, and learned many things about the group camping. First, if weather is sunny and warm, all is good camping at Thanksgiving. Everyone has at least one dog... LOL and kids have fun no matter where you are... and so do adults who act like kids... lol

After the weekend we moved back to town, but to Alberni Motel and RV. This was a short time, as TV and Internet was not supplied, so off we went to The Hollies Golf Course where they have now developed an RV park, and we got a spot looking over the 9th hole. This fit us just right, close to everything, not too much traffic noise, and beauty views of the Beaufort's, and Mt. Arrowsmith. 

Life is good here overlooking the golf course as we regroup, now next job, get a storage unit, and move what we have in Memere's basement out. We knew that we would have to do this, and now we got a place just off the highway, and slowly moved most out that we want to keep, next to give/sell what we can of whats left, and then that small part of our plan is done.

All going well as we look out the window, snow, and cold rain, makes it's way down the hill and we now decide that a short trip south to some warmth is in the cards. So we book a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, also part of our longer plan, as would like to make a trip with our rig to the Baja Peninsula sometime in the future.  This will be a fun time away, and sun at a rather cool dull time of the year. Both Polly and I are really looking forward to this trip south, maybe next year we can make the trip and explore the Baja with Bosco, and who knows, others may want to make the trip too.

Last but not least, today is Remembrance Day, and we always go to the Cenotaph with many others to remember what happened in the past, and honour those that gave the ultimate, there lives so we could enjoy the freedom we have now. I am glad I never had to perform this duty, and great-full they did, so today we will make our way there and remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment