Tuesday 24 August 2021

Travel day again, looking forward to our trip back to Vancouver island.

  A very quick pick after last night's dinner
Headless Polly & Jack. Got Wendy though

I know I have been busy when I look at the pictures I took yesterday and 1 picture, at the end of the day. Hmm. LoL was a fun day finishing off the gazebo here at Jack & Wendy's, just purfect. No pressure just gitter done.

 Jack and I have developed a great friendship, with a few curses as we go. The rains came to and end just about the time my energy came to me so out I go, and Jack's having a butt in the garage. We yak a bit, then to the job at hand. A panel at a time and before ya know it we have a finished roof on the gazebo. We now have to go get the hold down bolts, so off to home Depot. 

Any trip to town with Jack is interesting to me, so much knowledge he has about the oil industry. He had told me a few times before about what he did to reclaim oil out of tanks that was gummed up. I never really understood till yesterday. Oil has wax in it! Hmm, now I got the explanation so I understand better what he did, dissolve the wax in the tanks back into a usable product. 

Every trip to town I learn just a little more. Sometimes about the tanks that are laying around that are not used as much anymore, and the passing by a building that is the friend I met yesterday, it's his business. The building there that was this, and this one was and now is this. Such knowledge. 

This trip up to Grande Prairie has been just wonderful. Something to do, a gazebo to put together, people to see and hug, family to connect with again. A new baby in our lives. Gee, I don't know how life could get any better. 

Full I say, our lives are full as we travel from place to place, a visit here a visit there. I'm shaking my head as I peck on this screen, how freaking lucky we are to have a life so free. Seeing places we have not ever been to before, and seeing just a little clearer places and people we have seen before. 

Thanks Jack & Wendy for the hospitality, was another fun stay.  

 Chris & Ciara, was very nice to spend time with you. So nice๐Ÿค—❤️ know we will be back again all going well next summer. 

Now on to travel south, I was not sure which route to take, smoke always in my thoughts. Yesterday I get a message from Polly's cousin Kiesha, we are just 7 hrs south of you why don't you stop in, there is a campground here in Red deer. Well at first I thought maybe, then after a bit of looking around, and a talk with Polly, we make the decision to go to Red deer and have a visit there, we have time, we have not seen Kiesha and her sister Shauna, for a few years, Shauna has a baby we have not met, so yep good decision. Also never stayed in that area before. 

So today is early leaving and onward we go, down another road, a different route, different sights. Just what we love, New views, looking out the front window, and the sides as we travel is something to look forward to every chance we get. 

Love this life we do. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—❤️❤️๐Ÿ˜




No comments:

Post a Comment