Friday 3 May 2024

Summer is just around the corner now.

Furnace still on this morning as I write, yet after last night's warm end, as we roasted smokies around the campfire and enjoyed the sunset with our friends Darcy & Pat it felt like summer was just a little closer. 

I looked at the thermometer 🌡️ outside this morning, close to 40°f so not freezing, and felt much warmer in the early morning 5am. Was a nice way to start the day, early morning red sky, I don't get a really good look at it from our trailer, have to walk to the opening and look towards Arrowsmith for that view. Close, that's how it's feeling now, close to summer. 

Days grow longer, morning starts earlier, soon days will be warm enough to keep windows open at night, and listen to the birds early as I wake. I heard them as I woke this morning, robin's with there distinctive yodle, along with all the other chirpers. 

Was a stressful couple days Wednesday, swallowing the stuff that cleans you out getting ready for a colonoscopy, not something I ever will do again. That's it, that's the last time I'm going in for this. I told them when I got there that the last time I was in I woke up and it was painful, so the nurse said she told them, and they would give me a little more of the juice that puts ya out. 

Well bullshit, they didn't, and I woke up while it was all going on, it felt like they didn't even give me anything, as I'm looking at this big screen showing my insides, and then talking about what they are looking at. I'm saying it's hurting, they saying it's almost done! Almost took too much time for me as they went about there job examining, and telling me what they were doing.

Nope, not again, they are not trustworthy, they say I'll be out, then I'm not. Well that's it, no more for me.

Polly's up now so we talk a bit about her plants, strawberry's,and my planters, 
and going to the farmers market, and of course the hummingbirds, they are our first and best entertainment. We have them on the clothes line and sitting on the stick I got up holding the feeder. 

We talk a bit more, and Polly tells me about her dreams, this one she ends by saying as a person passes out beside our parked truck, and Polly calling out "Call 911, call 911" over and over. Never know where your mind goes when you're asleep. 

And the day begins, rooster 🐓 crowing, furnace warming, Polly on her tablet, me on this phone. My last drink of coffee ☕ is just done, my thoughts go to "What's next!" A walk I think, time for my exercise. Sun's way up now, 7:37, time to get moving, a walk, breakfast, then some organizing ready for a table full of stuff at the market tomorrow. 

Rains are coming, but that's ok, I know summer is just around the corner, days longer and warmer as we go. 


Life is good, our lives are great 👍 

Love our life ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment