Sunday, 19 July 2026

The still of Sunday morning walk.

I didn't go far, around the block, enjoying the calm and quiet of this morning. The deer 🦌 we saw the other night was here, now I know why the apples off the neighbors tree are getting cleaned up. He wasn't afraid, I walked out to the road from our place and he kept eating. 

Down the road to Redford st, then past what I know as the hospitality inn, checking out the partly burned up garage, wondering how long it will stay like that? A trailer in the next mobile home park was on fire this past fall or winter, still not a thing done to it. So I wonder about the garage, if it will stay like that, all the vinal siding melted and wood all burned. 

As I walk to the end of the block, about to turn the corner I hear the sound of a buggy rolling further up the road, I turned to look, and it stopped. Quiet again. Even now as I sit in our sunroom writing this, not a sound. 

I walked the block down to the next road, Maitland I think, then as I turned I noticed a cat watching me. I put my hand down and over he came, happy to have a pet, rubbing my hand and arm, I'd seen this cat before, on a previous walkabout, very easy to pet, was a nice little break. 

Now as I walk he follows, just till the end of his property, then he stops. I continue up the road, looking at how people have taylored there yards and homes, one hedge in particular was very well manicured. As I get close to the end of the block I hear the crows, they're taking to each other, caw caw. Then I noticed as I looked up the sky was giving a beautiful show of the colours ya just can't recreate, pink with grey of what will likely turn into sunny warm day. 

           wires in the photo 

I stopped, brought out the phone/camera and tried to get the photo that best represented what I saw. Electric wire in the way, telephone poles, I ended up in the middle of the street taking what I believe is the best shot. Didn't matter, not a car around, still quite, well until the ambulance starts it's run up burde st, went along ways up before it quit. 

         The best shot I could get of 
                  the eye in the sky

Then quiet again, except for the crows, caw caw. 🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛ I took a few more photos, then walked back towards our place, deer was gone now, so we're a bunch of apples. 

In our house I go now,get another coffee ☕, and here I am writing this. 

Kinda a really nice Sunday Morning 👍🏻

I hear a car, then another, I'm the the world's waking up now, 6:14, yep people started moving about. 

Back to my coffee, and listen the the crows talk. 

Love our life ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment