Could be your neighborhood next!
What's the feeling in Port Alberni about our City council going forward, will it be same ole, ppsame ole as before? Will the new council be better? How many new faces will we have? All good thoughts, and opinions are many right now. I went to a couple meetings of the minds, two where council hopefuls asked the public to meet and ask questions, was really good, got a much better understanding of their thoughts, along with clearing up my own too.
Yesterday I went to a meet and greet at the Industrial heritage society building, which I'm a member of. Was really interesting, although standing with my cane wasn't something I want to attempt again for awhile, no damage, just was sore after.
I met 3 prospective council hopefuls, and got to know them a little, was really good to see the quality of people we have running that have ideas to make our town just a little better, and some have much experience already, that as they are here from another place, no tunnel vision that hooks them to same old thoughts.
Yep was really interesting, as I thought of running myself this year, but with the surgery I realized was not ideal.
There is another meeting I'm going to attend, at the highschool Wednesday October 7th 10:15am to 11:30am. I've been told it's for the students, as they have a mock election for the city positions. I'm going to learn what the next generation is thinking, along with how the hopefuls answer what's asked. Be a really good experience I'm sure.
Retired I can take the time to invest in the meeting's that give us information, when I was working, I'm not sure I ever voted in municipal elections. I read the paper, and listened to the radio, but that was about it, now this time I'm going to get a feel for the people that we are going to elect.
Next, at the same time a provincial election, I don't see change much coming there, only because the opposition has divided, making it weaker, and the ruling government has much support, even if their driving our province into a HUGE DEBT!
CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW, EVERY DAY I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT?
But it's Sunday, I got to sleep in, had time to write, and plans to visit friends we haven't seen for awhile.
Love our life ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment