Thursday 12 November 2015

Fall cleaning, outside of our trailer & dumping the sewage




Not a job we want to do, but has to be done. I went to the web first to find out where the closest place to dump was, I found     Don's Camping List of Non-Park Sani dumps 
 Good list of Sani dumps all over BC, and other links to all over North America.

This place was recomended in Ladysmith called "Wash me on Ludlow", 
Bosco and I went for a walk there Sunday and got the low down before I went down with the truck and trailer. I talked with the manager, and another trailer owner that was dumping then. Looked easy enough, and had a good place to wash off the top of the trailer.  

I went down Monday with the truck, but left Bosco at home. If you wash dumping is free. The dump station was on the outside of the building, with lots of clearance above and around it. I got the instruction on how the place worked from the manager, she said change could be used, but if I ran out I could use my credit card. You have to pay to put water in your tank to flush the black water out, so not really free, but was not too bad for all I did was about $15. Dumping was easy, and took my time and did a good job of flushing it all out.

Now pull out and into the wash bay. There are stairs to an upper walkway for washing the top of the trailer, this was much easier than getting up on the ladder, and safer too, as a railing for protection. The sprayer was short, but I made it 1/2 way across the roof, so had to pull out and turn around to do the other side. All in all a good place to clean up after a trip.

All winter maintenance done, got the water system filled with anti-freeze the week before and ready for the cold to set in. I put a heater with a fan inside, and am told I only need the fan, but will leave the heat on as trailer is close to our home, so not a problem. I like it dry and warm, never know when we may want to camp close to home!

Can hardly wait to pull it out again and use it. Spring will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment