Friday 16 February 2018

Yuma week 2, and learning how this place works.



Seems like we are stationary as we really are here in Yuma, but we are still moving in many directions as we stay here in one place. While here we are slowly looking around Yuma, and will make our way to Mexico this next week sometime. We have visited a new to us restaurant, Chinese food, and really good food, made just a little different, and good service. We will visit another this week Mexican food, with friends we met next to us sometime this week. Mostly we eat at home, and treat ourselves less when in one place. Polly likes to cook and try different ways to make things, I like to eat and am such a lucky guy.

Weather changed this week, rained Tuesday night while we slept, and the week has been much different, cooler and cloudy. I haven't experienced this in the desert before, when I got up and went outside truck was wet so I could see that it rained, and there were some pools of rain left, but the ground looked dry, although the air felt like I was on the west coast, was kinda nice to feel the moisture.

Before the rains wind and cloud came fast


Don, Rob and I have been going to poker 3 times a week, Mon, Tues, Thur, and has been much fun, we have been winning all in all, and met a few good players, and lots of good laughs at the table. I look forward to poker, and also plan for days when we have no plan too.

Polly and I had plans to make a few purchases when we were here in Yuma and this week we shopped for a new couch, which took a few trips to town, and some figuring as we had a certain length we had to fit it in as was in the slide of our home. Also shopped for a quilt and couldn't find what we wanted in the stores, so Polly went to the internet shop, and we ordered one there, will get it later this week all going well. The love seat we got yesterday, looks good, and feels great, we are happy with our change to our living space.

I learned about negotiation again, Polly has what she wants, and I have what I want when we shop. Not always do we want exactly the same thing, but we work through it and give ourselves time to make the best decision as we go forward. This time we got some of what we wanted, but some was left out as we couldn't find what we wanted that would fit in the space we had. We got comfort, price, looks, colour, simplicity and ultimately happiness. Every time we shop for something, I learn.

Room for a couple drinks while we watch TV


When stationary it feels kind of like we are home, and not seeing much as we entertain ourselves with what the resort has to offer. Swimming, is one of my best things I like to do. Polly comes sometimes, but mostly I go by myself. I meet people where ever I go, and in the pool, especially in the hot tub, conversations are very interesting, as there are more than just American and Canadian people here. I stay away from politics mostly, but this week I had an opportunity to get into it with a couple that were looking for information from a Canadian. The man said he stays away from politics with other Americans, but likes to know what people from other countries think. I gave him just a little to think about, and he gave me something to think about too. Was a very good opportunity to learn just a little more about how close we are in our thinking, Canadian or American.

Pool at the Palms RV, will try that one out tomorrow


Happy Hour is another time we all get together, sometimes at the pool, and sometimes at another RV. This week we went to the pool once, and to Grant and Caroline's place, and between the 3 of us at Don and Chris's place. Jo and Lorne arrived Monday, was a fun time to get together, and laugh and reconnect. Lorne takes pictures, and has such a funny sense of humour, Jo is also funny, and was nice to see them. We went to Grant and Caroline's, about 300 feet away, and was a good time to talk and get to know each other. I got to talk with Caroline, and got to know her. Was fun, as all our happy hours are. Duane, a man the moved to Port Alberni from Saskatchewan, (he organises poker) stopped in, he was so funny, joke after joke, till he ran out, and as fast as he came, he was gone. LOL was sure funny, laughing to myself as I write this... LOL

Chris gets a chewing from neighbours new pup, Jasmine

Cute

Dawn took a turn too

Cute again

Cute x 2 Polly

Lorne and Jo stop by for Happy Hour

Yes Lorne put the strawberry in your ear

Do you like this one?



Pictures! I have been taking many pictures, as I usually do, but most with a cell phone, which is OK, but I like to use my camera, as can get close and much clearer. I felt bad not using it, but it is a little inconvenient. Yesterday I decided I had time, and wanted to walk to the end of the road beside the RV park, to see if the desert had something to offer that would make my interest in the camera better. Below are a few of the pictures, nothing stellar, but I did like the opportunity to capture the Quads that ride around the desert and mountains.

Moisture on the hills like at home, felt nice.

The wash as it is called here, where the water runs when it rains hard.

I start out here is what I see



1/2 way up the road looking north west

Sign says no vehicles here, hmm think it is ignored


Looking north

Looking south

What the desert looks like here

Quad action, they ride all over here.



Ocotillo cactus that had it's day


Live Ocotillo cactus in bloom. 

They line up like they want a picture taken



I'm off for a walk now with Bosco, and will make time for a swim today for sure, will be sunny again today. Loving this wonderful life we have chosen Polly and I.






2 comments:

  1. Very nice Brent & Polly you look like your really enjoying yourself .Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are Les, hope to see your posts next year when you are also on the road.

    ReplyDelete