Monday 31 December 2018

End of one year, Beginning of another



Bye Bye 2018. Hello 2019!

Christmas day at the pool


Not that 2018 was a bad year, but I am looking forward to this new year.

Small hurdles we have jumped have been repairs to our trailers fridge that was a problem for a few weeks this summer, it kept turning off, that turned out to be the electrical inverter not the fridge at all. We learned to go to where we have confidence in the technicians ability to diagnose the problem, and replace to one part needed first time. Then just before we left for the states the hot-water tank electrical element stopped heating the water, so got the same guy, Chris at PC Auto in Duncan to replace this. Fixed, or so I thought. He did say he had a problem with one hose, and he showed it to me, said wouldn't stop leaking, so he replaced it. All good I think, till we noticed wetness under the cupboard when we had Jim and Sharon here for dinner a week ago, and then became after-dinner entertainment. Who can look in the cupboard the longest, and where is the water coming from, and how do I access it. lol😆 This made for an interesting evening, as Keith and Diana stopped by, and came in for a yak, so all 6 of us now take a turn at looking at what was the problem.

I turned off the electricity to the tank, and drained it and wiped up what I could get at till the next day as I have best energy in the morning. That is another thing I have learned about myself that works good for me.

Next morning I took things apart, and dried it all up, and we waited with all the drawers out, and all the stuff out from under the sink, and the heat vents out to see what was the problem. Next day after a nights thought I remembered that there was a problem leak he fixed, so I refilled the tank, and found the leak, tightened the fitting and fixed. Well fixed for a short while then leaked again, this time I had a bowl under to catch the water. So now I tighten some more, and even though it stops, I have no confidence the fitting wont leak again. So now like my son showed me, look on the internet and see what others have done. I find out that there is a replacement part that has crimped fittings on the pipe, and this I like, now off to the RV store here with a picture of the pipe. Don't want to take it apart yet, we have water now.

Water heater rear at side of trailer


connections back of hot water heater 







I talk with the plumbing guy at the store and he suggests a hose that is used in house plumbing, and I agree, and off I go with what I think will work. Yes! This did the trick, had to drain and refill the tank again, but no leaks and I have confidence this will not be a problem again. Fixed, well not finished yet, all had to go back in, drawers, heat ducting, and stuff under sink, we Polly did stuff under sink.

Hmm, feels better to be back to normal. Ahh

Oh well not really, next to the saga the red light by the hot water tank switch comes on, Shit! Now what? On to the internet again as probably the thermostat, and look at what others have done. I get a video on you-tube that an Australian guy did, and did well, that explained how to diagnose the thermostat and if needed how to replace it.  Outside to the back of the hot water tank and the pressure relief valve is leaking, drip drip. OK I think this is an easy fix just re-position the valve as sometimes the valve just doesn't get seated correctly. The red light still on and water heating up too hot still a problem.

Like usual I just wait awhile and think of what is going on, and I come up with that the water leaking on the wires may have caused corrosion, and lets clean the connections before I take the thing apart. Water here has much salt in it, so yes that was the fix. I just cleaned up the connections, and Ta-DA Done. Ha Ha, I can laugh now, but with everything apart our home was looking like a mess, and not much room to move. On the positive, Polly makes adjustments as we go through this like "No Problem, I can do this" Makes me feel so good to have Polly help by just let me think it out.

I don't know if there is a moral to the story here, but I am seeing a theme in that the internet helps me when I have to do most anything now. I have learned through my son's prompting to use this as someone else has already had this happen, and has made a video of how to figure it out.

Another bit of learning is that as you know I like to take pictures, many pictures. This last year I realized that I take more pictures now with my phone than a camera, so before we left this year I got a new phone, one that could take better pictures. Huawei P20 pro, (Thanks to Ashley for the help) was my choice as camera was most important. I have spent almost zero time at getting to know how to operate this camera, just been pointing and shooting. With my camera I did spend much time learning how to use it, still much to learn, but this phone camera is all about the software I'm told. This is how it makes life just a little easier for me as just point and shoot, at least for now. I still have to pull out my Nikon if I want a close up of something far away, or want a very sharp image for some reason. For most all I want this phone camera will do it.

The other learning was that going through the many images one day, I said to myself, and then to Polly, holly crap, we sure did a lot this year, Wow, was a really good year!💗💖💕💔💓 As you can see I found out I can put in Emojis here huh.



Life has been good to us, and we have been good in our life. Polly is happy and healthy as she slides open the door and looks at me asks with squinted eye's and says "What time is it?" 5:52 I say, and she slides the door shut, and back to bed she goes. LOL I love that girl. Bosco lays beside me in what is Polly's seat when she is in the living room. He would be right up to me but the armrest separates us, and the laptop is on my lap, or he would be there. Me I do what I like as we go, and plan ahead for more interesting places to go, and things to see.

Friends in a funny face picture
People we meet are very friendly, and some are just even more than you can put in words. We met some new friends in Indio that we got to know fast, and will connect with again. Here in Yuma we met some new friends, and reconnected with others from last year.

Here we all are better picture


The one thing that helps us all stay connected as we go is Facebook. Such a great way to keep connected, and even with all the crap that goes on on "The Book" as Americo's Mom calls it, we manage to keep up with family and friends lives, and where people are and can we meet up. This makes life easier to stay connected.

This was our first Christmas away from Family, and even though was much different, we did enjoy being in the sunny warm weather, and able to enjoy the pool on Christmas day. Our friends are new to us, as we are to them, so as we get to know each other better we find the love for each other that we have with many friends before.

Love this life, and looking forward to another beauty year of fun, travel, learning and new friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment