Saturday 15 December 2018

Yuma now. Our life = Living The Dream, are we?



We are in Yuma now, was a short trip to get here and no stress on the drive, back at Fortuna De Oro for the next month or more. Different now as many people stay home till after Christmas, so we see a little different side of this place. Christmas, Ho Ho Ho! Here we come.





We have had many comments on our Facebook re-"Living the Dream". Some even say Living life Vicariously through your travels, or something like this.

Usually I think Hmm we are doing it right hey! Well having a good look at what we are doing we are truly happy with our decisions in life, and at this time in our life Polly and I have often had the conversation about what next? Plan? We often are going by the seat of our pants, and we like it like this way. No solid plan for what comes next gives us the option to change midstream what when and where we go, and who we are with. Man this is some beautiful freedom at a time in our lives when we can. Well almost! As I type Bosco gets up and starts the stretch, and passes a few times in front of me letting me know, now he sits and gives me the look! Back in a few, walk time!


Well that was a nice walk, Bosco was in the lead most of the way, he did his duty, and marked the trail all the way. We walked through the gate out into the desert not far from home. The trail or path is well defined, also someone has been marking it with rock piles, often with Quartz top rocks making it well, beautiful, and just a little more interesting. The desert is mostly rocks and gravel, with washes that are left from the rains that come infrequently here. We still have not seen a rain in Yuma. As we walk along Bosco has to stop for me as pictures are my marking, and I stop for him for his marks, a good symbiotic relationship.








Bosco smells the marker









 The washes have many forms of plants growing, and cactus of many kinds are usually where it is the driest above the wash. Like all forms of growth, there is a micro-site of growth, and here the landscape looks barren, until you try to travel a distance, then you realize all the different plants, and that they have a pattern as you go from place to place. I relate this to when I was planting trees. Until you look past the job at hand, you don't see the relationship all the plants have with each other. Here there is definitely a pattern, and as we walk I see the different patterns. I won't bore you with details, just to let you know, I'm having fun learning, and so is Bosco.



Our walk is about an hour, and he is satisfied, and so am I, time to get home, get cleaned up and get to the next phase of this day, Lunch at Cactus Garden RV park, as we have been told they put on a very good BBQ burgers or hot dogs, and more.

Well this was a great lunch, with much variety, and many people attending, sure was a good choice to hold off on breaky, and take in the BBQ. 3-4 long rows of tables, and 20 to 30 people at each table made for a full room. We sat across from another couple from Washington State, and got the best report on the Hydroplane races that happen on the Columbia River the week before Seafest in August. Where to stay, and where to watch the races, may even see them if we go, as they go every year now.  A very nice spread, and $7.50 for the 2 of us for more than enough to eat. We will return.

Cart at Cactus Gardens like a Dodge

Christmas decorations are everywhere


Then on to the Poker tourney, and another win, Gee I could get used to this winning kind of playing. Polly also did good, especially in the beginning, she said she felt kind of embarrassed as was huge pile of chips soon after she started. But as time passed she managed to share them with others. I on the other-hand never had any huge wins, but managed to stay to the final table and ended up with a split with Dave for the final amount, even got the high had too, that was fun.

Home we go, no shopping today as Bosco is waiting for us, and as we get in he always wants to jump jump! Hi Buddy, and not long and off we go again, this time to the dog park for a visit he likes this, so do I. I meet a woman from Oregon who tells me of her trip to New Zealand, and what she saw and where she went. Was very interesting, she and I agreed that when started travel we go away from our area before we travel close. Hmm, like over there, way over there has more to see. We both agree we need to see more of our own State/Province. Bosco met her dog but had no comment, at least not one I could hear.

I make my way back home and have a yak with some people I met yesterday from Minnesota that have happy hour every day with another couple around there propane fire, we joke and laugh about Canadian as the one guy likes to slander us in a fun way, and I back to him about the American way!

Relaxed, Happy, Fun, Warm, Beer in hand walk. Now a spaghetti dinner with friends tonight, Polly has no cooking to do. Gee does life get any better. I don't know?





I haven't talked about the warmth of the pool, or the diversity of the people we meet, or the beauty of the sunrise, the friendliness of all we meet, or the happy hour. Dam life is good.

So yes I think this is "The Life!" As for "Living the Dream", yes I guess we are. Our dream, may not be everybody's dream, but for now this is our dream, and we are fully enjoying every moment.

Loving our life here in Yuma. 















No comments:

Post a Comment