Friday 29 March 2019

Texas, Only in Texas I thought, but its here in Arkansas too!




I am talking about Respect given in a way we have been taught in Canada, but use less and less now.
Respect for another person, not just as they age, but as a normal way of talking to each other. Yes, Sir, Yes Mam.

We have been Sired, and Mamed all over the south, and I ask Polly and she says she is used to it, me I'm still surprised as it comes from young and older than me, people seem to have this taught early, and use it all the time. I like it, I do, but still takes me awhile to get used to it when it comes out. I smile to myself when I walk away, as always surprises me.

Speech here is something that we always like, never know what sounds are coming, sometimes what is said catches you off guard, and you have to ask, Pardon me, or what was that. I love the way we are experiencing changes in people as we travel, and here in Hot Springs City, Arkanas we meet many people from other places in USA. In the bathhouse we met a couple from Chicago and they had almost no accent, and we met another couple at the tower and they had a different accent, they were from New York. In the restaurant the waitress was so much like the south, and I listen with much wonder.

Last night when I went for my evening stroll with Bosco, I met a woman also walking her dog, she asked me what wine I liked, dry or? I said Cabernet, then she wanted to have me taste some of her wine from Arkansas. I didn't get to as a mom and a bunch of kids came, and pet her dog, and I slowly walked on.

 I went to check our previous site, as we had to move yesterday as the site we were in was booked, or they said it was. Not, there was an   Avalable sign up! Dam, I moved for nothing, Well is a nice site anyway, just would have been nice to stay put.



Next I stop at the make a comment to a man that was at the garbage can same time as me, "Having fun yet?" and he asks me "Pardon me?" LOL I guess I'm not the only one. We talk for awhile, and as we do I rember someone on our travels saying the people in the Ozarks are very friendly, and laid back. Well this guy fit the bill. He was from north of Little Rock, and he was so friendly, we talked for a few minutes, he told me of many state parks around here, one was the one we are off to next, then he asked if we had lit a fire, No I said, he seemed disapointed.

He was here camping for the weekend, we have a different way of  camping. Not just a weekend, but we do have a fire once in awhile, I said we enjoyed the neighbours fire last night with them for awhile.  Last thing we talk about is how we like this place, and he says he had never been here before, and how people are really friendly! I agree, and Again I walked away smiling to myself.

Gawd I Love this way of life!💓

Here's a few pics of the grounds here









No comments:

Post a Comment