Sunday 22 March 2020

Corona virus as we travel, being careful.

   Arizona Market sales well timed t-shirt

We knew when we left Yuma that we had to be careful as we traveled through many towns and city's. Fueling up, bathrooms, distancing, cleaning our person, all important. How we did our traveling was careful, but we still had to shop once, before we got to BC to make sure we had enough to keep us for most of our 2 week Quarantine. Polly went into the Walmart in Boise Idaho well I walked Bosco and looked for the best way out of this parking lot.   
 
As I looked around with Bosco he did his usual walk around the edges till we came to a memorial. It was a bunch of teddy bears in a small tower. They looked dry but had a rain soaked look, all drooping and weathered. I told him no peeing on this, something happened here and not your peeing post. As I walked around the lot looking for the best way to leave here, I was always aware of the memorial. 
Polly called as we are connected now with phones better that ever as both of us now have at&t phones that make our traveling easier. Polly asks do you need anything? Nope, and she checks out then makes her way to our traveling home . 
As we load the trailer with the groceries I noticed a young man walk up to the memorial, he stops touches one of the teddy bears, then I see his arm and hand go limp, he was surly remembering. I just had to ask, if you know me, I just had to ask. 
As I approached he started to walk away, I called out and he did stop, he was not looking at me, kinda evasive. I asked if he knew what happened, and yes he knew. He explained how a woman with her 2 children were in the car staying overnight with a heat source that used some kind of gas. During the night a fire started. The woman got one child out, but didn't get the other one. He said if you go online it's there, check it. He said this a few times. He told me the husband had given her the stove, and he had stolen it from the Walmart, and he went to jail for it. Also said the woman went to jail as well, as she was charged with child endangerment. The family had been evicted from there home. The child went to Foster care.
He seemed to be better at talking with me as time went on, but still kinda evasive. He said before we parted that he was working at Walmart when this happened 2 years ago. 
I didn't pry into his life, but I thanked him for explaining this to me, and yes I did look it up. I just can't imagine as a parent how this woman could handle this. I wondered when I saw the pile of teddy bears in a Walmart parking lot. 
Here is a link to the article I looked up

Always good to ask as information puts us in touch with is happening in this world as we travel through the many city's, towns and places. 

We all look at people that are homeless in different ways, not knowing how they got there, or why the stay there. I have my opinions, and so do you. What I know is the numbers are growing. 
We all have had tough times in our lives, how we respond is different for all of us. Most of us have the ability to survive in much life gives us. Some decisions are critical. 
I am sure we are fortunate, and I believe we are lucky, but I have to think things through and make good decisions. Fortunately our decisions have been in our best self interest. 
Hoping this continues is what we all do. 
Making it happen is what we are all tasked with. So far so good. 

This story touched a nerve in me, I believe it helps how I view people that are homeless. I will see people now, not judge as harshly as I have before, but understand circumstances have not all been the same for everyone. 

We are very fortunate.
I don't take this for granted. 
Life is good, very good, even in Quaritine 😁🤗♥️♥️♥️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment