Wednesday 18 March 2020

Leaving Yuma, or going home? Hmm? Corona virus has changed all our lives.

Here we go getting ready to leave the sun & warmth of our winter Oasis for our spring rains & cold nights on our island. Not a totally unpleasant thought, knowing we will  be seeing our children, grandchildren & friends again. That spring flowers will be up everywhere, and when the sun shines it will be beautiful and warm. I see our small island so much differently now, as from a distance with the world in upheaval, it seems so small.

Where to start is my delema at this moment. So much forces us to make the decision to travel home earlier than our plan. Lucky we can make the decision, not have it made for us.

We, most all of us, have been watching as this virus has spread throughout our world. We see it daily change how we act as the information is town at us in the most brutal ways. We want definitive information, yet most of what we get tells us there is still so much unknown.

Anyway, friends and family are concerned that we should be on our way, the resort we stay at is getting emptier, and much that we would do here is being closed down, so might as well make the move now. Still yesterday after packing the basement of the trailer up, and getting our home all ready to travel I just had to have a last swim. 

Man was that nice, good to leave on a warm relaxed day, while the world seems to be falling apart on the TV, and in the stores. I shake my head as I peck away here. 

I met two couples at the pool that were yakin, of course I joined in for a minute before my swim. Terry extended his hand and I shook it knowing the new rules, I still was not able to turn away a friendly gesture we all have used all our lives. 

Then as I swam one couple left. As they said there good byes I realized the two guys had met in the gym. As they yaked they talked about getting to the bottom pin! They were talking about achievement at a piece of equipment in the gym. Common ground. Isn't that where we all start, friendship starts there. 

These two guys were saying good bye, and also saying see you next year, maybe.

After my swim I sat and drank my beer I brought, and yaked with the couple left, Terry and Shawna from Northern Saskatchewan. He had just bought a park model here at Sundance in December, sight unseen from an older couple from Naniamo. They looked very tanned as if they had been in the sun most every day. As we talked I realized Shawna had been a month in Mexico, and had only been here a couple weeks. They seemed very happy together. Shawna was leaving early tomorrow as she had a flight to catch in Phoenix at 10am. Terry was going to stay till the end of April as his medical was paid up. 

I said to them, "Terry, you'll probably be going home soon, as it's going to be lonely here" he agreed. This place is going to get very quiet now, so many leaving all same time. The news dictates it.

So moving forward we will have to quaritine when we get home, this we have plans for, but will surely be tough as I like to be out and about. At least trails are many at Arrowvale where we will stay for the next few months. Bosco will be happy to be back sure.

Life is strange right now, getting home may be just what we need, who knows 😀

Loving our life as we move forward. 👉
Always liked the cowboys saying, 
Forward Hoe 🤠 

No comments:

Post a Comment