Monday 10 August 2020

Broke down in Rainbow 🌈 Lake Alberta

Came to camp and visit with our son Chris and his girlfriend Ciara for a week or so. Also reconnect with Polly's Cousin Juliette Moore & met her husband Gerome Lanou.

All went good, many good dinner's and much to yak about, even the bugs are well fed lol. The sights are interesting here, with many a road to go down. Lakes and beaver ponds abound here. 

One day I took a good look at our tires, and after the wheel bearing fail roadside I thought, I'm going to see if I can get the trailer in for new tires and repack the wheel bearings. 

I went to a shop here that had very good recommendations on the internet and asked the owner Don if he could get tires and repack the wheel bearings. He had time and was able to get the tires by Friday. So yes it's a go so we packed up Friday morning and brought the trailer in and left it. Later I get a call, come look at this. 

      One half of the bracket left attached
            Both broken at the weld here

Ahh crap was my response, then I ask how long to fix? Ordering parts, should be here for Monday install. Then next Tuesday, now today it's "the parts place didn't order the parts." So now to another supplier. Still no sure date fixed. Small Town, away from city makes for difficulty in getting what we need. I shake my head many times. 

Patience is not my strong point now, I feel like getting a welder and going to work on this. 😡 But I hold my patience and wait for information as Don changes the tires and repacks the wheel bearings and readys the axel for the welder. 

I'm sure he will get something to work soon. He is a busy guy, and has put us up here at the shop with power and water making it best he can. 

Polly makes cookies and gives a plate to Don and the guys in the shop, she knows how to get positive attention 🤣🤣🤣

She also stuffs a moose roast Juliette gave us yesterday with garlic, and marinades it ready for dinner tonight 😄

Life is still good, even if broke down🤗♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment