Monday 30 November 2020

Memories, lucky to have them.

Started looking through my pictures the other day, making a calendar for 2021.
As I flipped through the days past in January and before, I saw so many people that I can't see this year again. 

When we retired the plan was to travel, south in winter, and north in summer. Plans change. This virus has us anchored here at Arrowvale Campground, not a bad place to hang about. Close to our hometown, family and friends, close to all we remember from days gone by. 

Still the sweet memories of winters gone by where we traveled south have me thinking about friends we won't see this year.
 
A phone call away, but still will miss the fun times we had, at same time we know will have again.

Next is what to do, we keep busy doing what we love here in town. I plan to make a few changes in our trailer, and Polly is busy making Christmas decorations for our trailer. As the winter progresses i surely expect to see an early spring this year, as so far the weather is mild. 

I have a few projects in mind, finished my first today, a bench for a boy we have grown to love here at Arrowvale, River is his name.

 
Was a fun project, and with the few extra tools I aquired, band saw, router, circular saw as well as tools I brought here from my friends place, Table saw, jig saw, air nailer & compressor, and a few others I'm looking forward to completing a few more fun projects. 

November rains subside this Monday, the wether forecast predicts sunny days ahead till Friday. Plans, what's the plan πŸ€”
I'm thinking of the planter I started yesterday, I'll finish today. Then shelves beside the bed, shelves that fold up so is easier to make the bed, as narrow space between the bed and the slide walls. 

One of the things about working in or around a trailer, the space is limited. And adding things, always thinking of weight. And placement, no wood studs to screw into, have to plan well so not to punch holes and have to move your shelf. 

The rain has stopped, the Sky's bright. The dropped still on the windows. I'm sure this will be a great week. πŸ˜ƒ 

I look out the window as I write, over top Polly's head as she leans back in her chair, and she says "oop blue Sky's coming!" The announcement I was hoping for. Polly has a very positive outlook, always seeing the optimistic possiblities. She is right, blue skies are here. 
I took some pictures as the day unfolded and looked at them, showed Polly, and I think we have one of the Beatles here in the tree lookin in on us. What do you think? Lol πŸ˜†, I'll look different at that tree now. 

I start this week with a haircut today, booked on line with a very familiar personπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘¦

No comments:

Post a Comment