Wednesday 3 March 2021

The Zen of Woodworking 😊 Knowing myself just a little better every day

             Shelf built from a pallet

I have been developing my woodworking talents for awhile now, youtube has helped immensely. 

Just yesterday I realized something I learned about me before, just had to see it again. I like to "Git er done!" Rather that finesse at something. I knew this, but have to re-learn it every once in awhile. When I started out with the woodwork this last while I dreamed of an epoxy and wood table, sure I could do it, I still might, but that perfection is not what I like. I like to get whatever I'm doing done and in use, and learn a better way each time I do it. 

Years ago I read a book called Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. It is about self examination, and I learned the ways I do this. Today I am still developing a good look at me. πŸ˜‚ 

Perfection is often a goal, and the way to atain it is often overlooked. I love to work with wood, and that is my enjoyment. My goal is not perfection, but enjoyment in the process of creating. 

I see the beauty in wood right down to it's growth, the structure, the grain, the variants in its beauty. I like it's differences, not just strait grain. 


I also like to see people happy, so when I create something from wood, I'm passing on my love and happiness to them. They enjoy it, and are happy, that in turn makes me 😊 happy. 

Sounds kina sukky when I read it back to myself, but is the way it is. 

No matter what you do, this is likely the motivation, you do what you love, and pass on that love in your creations. Simple hey. I wonder why πŸ€” we still fuss about the small things in life? 

My head might be buried in the sand, but I watch less news, and spend more time being creative now than ever, and surprise, I'm happier. Simple, gee I don't know, but it's working for me. 

Life's good here with lot's of wood, at Arrowvale Campground ❤️πŸ€—

No comments:

Post a Comment