Friday 3 September 2021

To tell a story, every day we write one, some just put it in print.

I wake early most every day. Partly that's how my body works, and partly I'm excited to see the new day. Today was one of the stellar wakeups. I felt bright, no pain to speak of, I have a plan for the day with clear goals. I laid for just a moment to think about the sounds I heard. Quiet except the sound of a car that went over the bridge. 

Up I get with gusto, I look at the clock on the microwave, 5:30. Yea, it's time, a pee, and face wash next look out the door, is the moon and stars still shining. Ahh the little bit of red sky has started, morning alright. 

Coffee ☕ is next, I make a pot then slip on my untied shoes and out I go to take a good look, oops the phone, always need my camera to capture the moment. 

I walk towards the light from the electrical shed built this last year, it's changed the ambiance. Also gave light when walking around early.  The moment was great, one I had to capture in all it's early morning glory. 

I walk along working with the light, loving the sounds, the eagle's crying out already, the turns peeping, the seals sound like a rabid dog, making the sounds that scare me. 


I walk along the grass staying off the gravel looking towards the water all the way, just wanting that just right shot. Listening all the way. A car goes by, an eagle or two cry, then that growl, and snort comes again. I keep shooting, but that sound does sound like an animal close. 


I backup a little, and keep shooting. I find the waited views, and the narrowest. I'm totally in the moment. Just loving the sky, the stars, the light available to capture this beauty. 


I make my way back to the trailer, shooting all the way finding more as I go. I get back and take a walk on the rocks behind the trailer for some river shots, I shake my head, such a beautiful place this is. Such a beautiful morning. I'm so lucky to have an internal clock that says"Get up Brent, the day is breaking" 


Even as I write this I hear the eagle crying out, and the clock tick tick Thanks Julie, and a car go over the bridge. Such a warm feeling, mind you I did turn on the furnace a but. 😊


Today I depend on my grandson to help me. We need a ride after dropping off the truck at the transmission shop in Naniamo, to Polly's Dr appointment in Chemainus, then back to Qualicum Jayden was "sure I can do that." 


Nice to hear that quick answer, no hesitation. I don't ask easy, I depend on myself to take care of my needs, but this time I asked him. 

That's my story today, not a earth shattering story, but mine for this day.

Everyday we have a story. What's yours today, what is your passion, what moves you off the couch, or outta bed. Connect with that, and your day like mine becomes exciting. 😃😉

We moved to a new site yesterday, a new view, and new perspective.


Love this life I do. ♥️

Going to publish this and go for another walk before we have to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment