Wednesday 2 February 2022

San Carlos Mexico 😎🌞🌤️


We had a bit of a cloudy day yesterday, a little cooler at happy hour. Was still a nice day. The leak in our basement is repaired now, first was a leak at the pump outlet fitting, thought was solved so put it all back together after a few days with a fan running drying out the floor. 



Then Monday night Ian comes to the door, leaking again. Shut off the tap at the post, and ran the pump and no leak. So yesterday I took the wall cover to the mess of hose's off again, and with all the looking Rock did, he found the hose connection from the tap was leaking. So another washer and ta-da she be fixed. I installed a a 90° fitting there with a new washer, I call it fixed now. 

Spent the day at home yesterday, slept in to start, Polly was up before me while it was still dark. I woke at 8am. WOW 😳, that was needed I guess. Was a slow start, but did get some glueing of a few crabby parts and a pointy dried up fish to what looks like an island to make Danger Island lol 😆


All in all a relaxed day.

We went to the market in Elpalme Sunday, thanks to Roy & Sherry Little guiding us in the right direction. They have been very helpful showing us the ropes. Was a warm day, so good we were there early about 9:30am or so. We walked around looking at so much stuff, I was kinda lollygagging, everybody else made it to the end and back, I was still 1/2 way. Didn't matter to me I wasn't going to buy anything anyway. I did buy breakfast, 2 fruit 🍓 cups 🥭 one strawberry and cream, with nuts mixed in. Then a mango one. MMM 😋 good.


After the market we left separately, Mike, Polly & I in our truck, Roy & Sherry in there tracker. In the lineup waiting for the train Roy came to the window, they were behind us now 😆


We waited while the train hooked onto some more cars, then it moved fast out of the way, and off we all went. 

On the way outta town we stopped at the train to have a look, and Mike thought of getting beer at the store, but Walmart was on the way home. The train looks in pretty good shape yet, was an interesting stop. Then as we went to leave I spotted the fish market, so turned onto the road by the docks. We took a drive by, had a good look at the fish monger's, the boats and docks also the pelicans that shit everywhere. The place was a real mess. 


Boats & motors covered in bird shit

I think to myself now how in a small boat day after day it must be to fish here. What options do they have? No or little education, with fishing 🎣 or what to do to make a living. All I can think is how darn lucky I was to be born in a relatively wealthy area on this earth. With good education, and laws that help us all. So much to be thankful for. Really good to see what other's lives are like. 

On our way home we took the route through Guaymas to get a few things at the Walmart, as I went by old town I took a detour to look around there. The church you could see from far away, a huge double steeple building, in the colonial style architecture from past. We drove down a main street to the Malecon, then to the other side of the city. I turned around and went back all the way by the water towards the roundabout by the church. We drove by the church, Sunday was many cars there, all in church. The town was quiet, was a good time to have a look around. 

After this drive-by, we went back on the same main st. When I got to the intersection it is like a Y, so had to turn right a bit to get a good look at traffic coming. I saw an opening, so gunned it and across the road I went, and towards Walmart now. The light ahead turned red. As we stopped I noticed a "Polica Municipal" car beside us, they talked to us, he said I should pull over ahead, I crossed a double line, and didn't 🛑 stop at the stop sign 😳 okay, so over through the light and pull over. Now I was nervous, I had been told what was going to be expected, and was just scared. So I gave him my copied license, I had been warned not to give him my real license, he laughed. Wanted to see my real license. Then insurance, and the ticket he was threatening to write. I did remember one part that worked, that golden handshake $ that keeps him happy, and gets me on my way again. He was friendly, asked where we were staying, Totonaka RV park, that I think was a good connection, he knew of it.

Was a good lesson for me. When the town looks sleepy, not everyone is sleeping lol 😆🤣

Made for some fun conversation later at happy hour, and taught me a good lesson. Been awhile since I had been pulled over, and first and hopefully last in Mexico. 

New experiences, that's what we are looking for, and we are getting them here. Love to see so many different places, and way's of living.

Today a little cloudy to start, but a sunny day the weather forecast says.😎😃

Love this interesting Life we live 🤗♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment