Tuesday 23 August 2022

Repairs on the road seem to be good service as we travel.

Here I sit waiting listening to our pickup nuts being taken off whirlll whirlll the air gun goes, the man on the job is very competent as he checked it out earlier, then the girls got the truck info, and sent me home for lunch till they got the part's. A call back and all ready when I am, so I finished lunch, and off I go.

Now I sit and wait 

Not unhappy about this, always good when you are in town for repairs, not on the side of the highway. Always nice to get service right away, and that's what I got here. Susan had an opening and got me in right away. I really appreciate this, knowing I'll get going tomorrow morning without any holdup. 

I do keep up on maintenance regularly, but there are unexpected things that come up. This I didn't expect, but I know why it happened now. I changed the brakes with the help of my brother-in-law in the spring of 2021. After we did the brakes, Dan said I might have trouble with the caliper's as they were difficult to push the pistons back in. 

Well a short while later one caliper locked up on the rear, I knew them I made a mistake. I ordered 2 new calipers for the rear, and went to Dan's and we changed them. One shoe got ground down a bit, I'm guessing now it was the one that I'm now getting replaced now. 

Do it right I say, and this time I could have avoided this if I had listened to Dan and got the caliper's earlier. Well lucky me, we are here, and this shop got me in now. 

Tomorrow before we leave I'll come back here as I have a tire wearing on one side, I've been watching it, and talking with the guy working on my truck now he said could be bad tire, could be alignment, he's going to look at it tomorrow. 

Always something when traveling, just have to be looking and watching, and when I feel it, see it or just know been awhile, I take care of it so we just don't have trouble on the side of the road. 

On a positive note,the music 🎶 is good here waiting, and seats comfortable. 😁 Polly staying at the trailer, TV on happily creating something good to eat I'm Sure 😊

Love this Life 😍❤️🤗 

Tomorrow on our way further East.

No comments:

Post a Comment