Sunday 19 March 2023

Laptop post, Interesting, Frustrating. Aaaggg

  A rainy day here at Crooked Hook RV resort                     Cleweston, Florida 

 Ok, Laptop is odd, this is way different, no spell check coming all the time, and keys I do remember where they are, but very weird. My first blog for many years on the laptop, feels like a very foreign device, the lighted keys go out if I stop and think too long, I'm sure I could change in settings, I tried, to much looking around, I gave up.

Our first day was great 👍

These animals we passed by on our way to the Lodge, we were all amazed at first sight.


 I think this was an eagle, our first bird we saw.
 
    Thompson's Gazelle's 

     Giraffe's we're our favorite 

    Wildebeest were not in herd's

This bush was the first thing we had pointed out when we were guided on our short tour from the airport to our rooms. Whistling thorn acacia, we saw many of these on our Safari here in Kenya. Our guide Mako explained the symbiotic relationship the plant has with ants, that they use each other, the ants get a nest and some juice it needs from the bush, and the bush gets the ants to help make the plant less appetizing to grazing animals.  


     Showing the ant's coming out of the hole 

     You can see the ant 🐜 here look close 

Seemed to me the thorns would be enough to stop animals, but the ants are needed to stop other smaller animals from eating the plant, mice and grass hoppers. Mako was very good about showing us many small bits of information, as we traveled to Cotters camp. 


         Mako was our guide the first day 

   Land cruisers we're our mode of transport 

          
       Our walkway to our "Sand" tent

Our tent was huge, we had company the first night, but Carla made a change and Heather got her own tent for the rest of the time. 

This is just the first 1/2 day at Cotter's Safari camp, in the afternoon we went for another drive amongst the animals, Polly hoping to see a Lion, but that day we didn't. We did see many giraffe, Zebra, Gazelle, Impala, and in the evening a leopard. 

Today we are in Texas, I realized a few blog posts I had written were not published, here is the second one today. What to say, we've been busy 😃

Enjoy, I have many photos on the laptop I will get to at a much later date, travel does make me less likely to takeout the laptop and get to making a post. 

Monday we travel again ♥️🤗


      










1 comment: