Saturday 18 March 2023

Waiting with a sore 👂 ear for the druggist to administer the prescription the doctor ordered and the receptionist sent. 😜

      This is a test, this is only a test of your patients under the pain of a sore ear. 


Went to the Dr finally, after treatment myself with eardrops since we were in Florida, I thought I had it kicked, but the pain came back, and not sure the process, I talked with Polly, then Lee Ann, and decided to call the medipac insurance company. 

The decision was to go to the Dr, today, as was hurting bad. Reception was good, the doctor was great, shook my hand when I came in just like my Dr at home, looked in my ear, then told me was outer ear infection, need antibiotics and some drops. We talked abit, he was very interesting and interested in our travel, as he has been holidaying with his family twice a year in rented RVs, so wanted to know how we did what we did.  

We said goodbye, and I gave him one of our cards, he was happy to read about our travels, said he was looking forward to my report on the blue crabs we saw caught here, as his family made a living when they first came to the area fishing crab, and the blue crabs were a family job to make the $$ needed to support 8 children, and 5 of them went on to be Drs. WOW. 


Just imagine, a family of 8 with 5 Drs, from a meeger living. They immigrated from Vietnam almost 40 years ago, after all spending 2 years in refugee camps, untill the could Leagly get into the United States, and Minnesota was the first place they came to, his father decided to move to Port Arthur, as was warmer, which they were used to, and had fishing they were used to from Vietnam. 

I learned so much in a short conversation with Dr. Nguyen I'll never forget this.

As he told me of his way in life, I realized my frickin ear was pounding, so after a short goodbye, I headed out to get the perceptions. Well here I am now, 3:07 an hour later, still no prescription, I've decided to write here, rather than screaming 🙀😱🙀😱

My ear hurts, 3:10 now, still waiting, the guy told me now, we have the order, be another 20 minutes. The first woman I spoke to was behind the back desk now eating, she was looking out, not very helpful I thought, but who knows what's her plight! 

Anthony, he helped, he did something, he took control when I went back second time and did something, even if taking time, he did help, he called the receptionist at the Dr office. Where as the other woman just said, it's not here! Twice, then I went and talked with Anthony. 20minutes is a long time in pain, but I'm thinking what I get won't resolve this snap, but will be nice to get something that will help relieve the pain, and be working on fixing this. 

3:15 now, I'm going to the can, got to do something useful, LoL. I go back and wait in line, I get the same not helpful woman. She says as I approach, "Birthdate" I tell her, my name, and answer the question, then gets a bag, that has the drugs needed, scans them, then tells me to use another machine that is beside the one I had to answer questions in, that takes my credit card, then she takes the bag, and hanging it up on the other side of the office, she leaves. 

I'm standing there, thinking is she coming back? What next? Then I see Anthony again, I look at him and ask what am I to do? He directs me to a desk by the bag, where I talk with a druggist, who explains the way to take the drugs. I tell her, the woman that served me was rude, and very unhelpful, that she left without saying anything. She said she was sorry, and would talk with her. I was in pain, I didn't want to stay and make a fuss, so off I went. 

As I finish writing this today I feel like going back and making a complaint, but I won't, ear is still sore, so I'll let it go. Been a long time since I had this kind of pain. I have antibiotics now, and eardrops. Time will help I'm sure. 

On the positive we had a very good dinner last night at our place with Lee Ann and her pup Hanna. Was leftovers that Polly made into a meat & vegetable pie chilli, steak, and veggies. Mmm 😋 good, Lee Ann made up broccoli salad, and potatoes and we had dinner. Sure was good, and Rice krispie squares do dessert 😊

After dinner we watched a movie 🍿, then not long after Lee Ann & Hannah were ready to leave. 

Not bad for a cooler day, with rain to start here at Access RV, in Port Arthur, Texas. 



1 comment:

  1. wow ..we are so spoiled here with medical care! Hope your earache clears up soon!! Would have loved to be there for that dinner ..sounds awesome ! I don't cook much anymore ..just basics for one person . Love your posts and blog ..feel better soon and keep on keeping on :-) Hugs to both of you <3

    ReplyDelete