Monday 6 February 2023

Moving ahead, Knowing we won't see it all!

 Trailer art ๐ŸŽจ here at Crooked Hook RV resort


Today I read on my phone 1,300 people killed in Turkey and Syria, Earthquake happend there, thousands of buildings destroyed, thousands of people injured! I'm taken back today, as for along time I've been thinking what could or would get our world of people on track to live with each other without fighting? 

I talk with Polly about it, and say I think the only thing that would or could get us all together is an out of planet event, a meteor crash that created world wide catastrophe, might get us all together. But right after I said, this I realize power is something that Many want! Once you have your country, then the people in power want more, the nextdoor neighbors country, or a piece of it. 

I just really don't understand this, I see it, I know it's the way it is, I just don't get it. Why are people so stuck on getting more, no matter how much they have, just want more? History is full of war's over land, resources, position, waterways, and it goes on. 

Are we all slaves being pushed here and there? 

I'm thinking Gandy had it right, less is more! The less we have the less people can want from you, the less you need. Make sense? I'm just typing here, thinking out loud, quietly on this phone ๐Ÿค”

Thinking back to the earthquake, the area this is in had 18,000 people killed in 1999, is a fault area. So this will continue into the future, more lives will be lost in the future too. Seems silly to stay there, move away I'd say, that's what I would do, spend every waking moment getting away. 

Polly and I are on the move most of the time, stay here awhile, stay there, but lot's of moving too. We talked about settling here this time, as I really like the area, but nope we going to carry on. I'm just getting what I would call the "old guy syndrome" I'm not too much wanting to do too much, I still like a swim, the beach ๐Ÿ–️, and nice dinner, but I'm not really going to change the world ๐ŸŒ

Instead I'm thinking about us, Polly and I and what we want the next few days, months, even year's as we age, that's my main concern. I know of the idea take care of your fellow man, and we do to some degree, but mostly I'm thinking of us, and what comes next! If we don't think of that, who will? So away we go into our future knowing that the world we live is is imperfect, yet we continue the best we can, making our little part of it the best life we can. 

This I believe is the most important, if we each take care of ourselves, then no worries for others to have to take care of us. No burden on society. 

Sounds simple when looking at these words, it is just that simple. If people would move away from the area where the earthquakes are predictably going to happen, then no damage. Or if like Japan, build homes and building's that are designed to withstand earthquakes. I hear in passing that our structures, boards and nail houses, are a good structure for earthquakes, I'm not sure, but really I don't want to test them out ๐Ÿ˜ฎ, I'll keep moving. 

What the heck am I saying? Well as we age the problems that affected us earlier are not as much a problem now, we get our pension, we have a little savings, we travel till we can't, we agree on many things, Polly & I this really helps, and we understand fully we are only here a short time. Our next few years we are enjoying the best we know how, till life changes, and we know it will. 

"Whatdaya wanna do today?" I ask Polly as I smile, I know she has a plan, love ๐Ÿ˜˜ Polly. "Maybe go to that town I looked up yesterday, with Win Dixie" ok, I say, and Polly says maybe ask the couple we talked with yesterday? Ok I say. I'll go see them as I make my walk about. 

Simple life, that's what we want, that's what we've got. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—♥️

Off we go, to Win Dixie for a look, and of course a few groceries ๐Ÿ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment