Yep, overwhelming is my thoughts when I think of yesterday, so many good memories so many good friends, what a fun time. Weather we thought at first be too warm, then worry about rain, then as it turns out, was perfect weather.
The yard was full, the sunroom too, then inside our home, was quiet at first, then after awhile the first sprinkle, and people started to leave, and some went inside the house, and more people came, was really nice to hear the sounds of hey, I haven't seen you for years, or I remember you from! Smiles and hugs, kisses and handshakes, yep for me this was like a reunion.
I heard, "Hey Charlie, remember me?" Lee Ann, remember. Was such a great feeling hearing, and seeing people connect and reconnect. One of the last couples to leave a friend came over and said, "Hi Terry, I heard that English accent and thought I remember him" they shook hands, been along time, they worked together.
I learned that Bob Lloyd looked like Jack Nicholson as he and Cheryl were leaving, Fern called out that he looked like him, I then looked, and yep he had that look alright 😎
Yes was an excellent exceptional day yesterday. Polly had spent the day before making cupcakes, 3 different kinds, and placed an order for the plates ahead at Quality foods, the trays were even better than shed expected, food was out, and everyone enjoy each other, food, friends, family, laughing, so many great stories told. Yep another great time in the books, we sure had fun.
Thanks everyone that came, was great 👍🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
What more can we hope for in life but time to enjoy friends and family.
I didn't take photos, but Claudette, she's got a bunch, with 70 in most of them LoL 🤣 🤣
Thanks again to everyone, Polly especially ❤️
Sure do love our life ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment