Friday 13 December 2019

Christmas away from family ❤️

The sadest looking 🌲 tree I've seen here

Every year all my life Christmas has been a family time. Always a tree that was a focus point. Always presents and dinner with all family & friends we love. We took it as the way it is and always will be. When we chose to live in our traveling home this changed things.

When we travel south we make a decision to stay south through Christmas now, this is not done lightly. We planned to fly home this year and spend Christmas with our family, but as the time to leave BC came closer we decided to celebrate Christmas early with a family dinner thanks to Polly's Brother Dan my brother in law, & Georgina our sister in law. We asked if we could have a family Thanksgiving dinner at their house and yes was the answer. We appreciate this so much. ♥️ Dinner was great with everyone bringing something.


We had a chance to give all our family members a hug and a kiss and give cards early to our Children and Grandchildren. Sounds like all good, but always feelings of missing family as Christmas aproches. 

This year we have friends from the Island here at Fortuna, making it feel a little more like home, and friends we have made here as this is our 3rd year we have spent a couple months in one spot, but only our 2nd year away for Christmas. 

We have a Christmas dinner planned early here, for the whole RV Park which will be nice, but the day of Christmas not sure yet, but likely will have a dinner with a few close friends here. 

Content not to travel at Christmas and happy to be here, is how I would describe my thoughts now, Polly is ok with it to. I'm sure Polly will create some beauty dinner for the day, like I need more delicious food🤣🤣🤣

Hmm, and that's what I'm thinking about today as we look forward to our Christmas south as I watch the weather forecast for BC on TV. Not sure how the Christmas day will go right now, but sure that this way of spending our time is what we want. 

I think I will celebrate Christmas day with a swim in the pool this year 🏊 😎 😊

Loving life here in Yuma, AZ.
    Bosco enjoying my lap as I peck away.

1 comment:

  1. Sad though the tree may be - this being has found something to celebrate....

    ReplyDelete