Thursday 19 December 2019

Christmas soon, are you ready? I am.

      The Calendar we made up for 2020

I do remember working right up to the day before Christmas, and thinking did I get all I was suppose to. Seems a long time ago when we would make sure we had all presents accounted for, pack the car with the gifts that Polly bought, (I did very little buying) and get ready for the drive to Port Alberni for our Christmas Eve, and Christmas day. Was always a rush, dress up, try to make sure all was brought into Memeres house and packed under the tree. Through Rain, Snow and Cold, to visit with our family's and celebrate Christmas. Seems so darn long ago. 

Life has changed as we move around in our traveling home, that helps us live in a different location as the seasons change. 

Yuma again this Christmas as last year, looking forward to another different Christmas. 

 Looking ahead to Christmas day I see we may have some rain on Christmas Eve. Not a big deal, as looks warm after. Wind & cool days are the weather conditions we watch out for here, no snow, rain usually light, no ice. Just a little warmer with different friends 😉 who are doing the same, escaping the Cold of the North.

Is this what I thought retirement was going to be like? Well, I didn't really know what to expect, but staying in one place and watching life go by is not what I want to do. We are here till end of January, then will drive into Mexico to San Carlos with 3 other couples in there RVs. Another new experience we are looking forward to. Not exactly sure what this will be like, but want to try a new experience, and see new places and people. 

We watch TV and FB about what's going on in BC, and see the strike in our forest industry making it to the news, I'm glad I'm not in it anymore, but I do feel for all that are. Is a long haul this time, and both sides are dug in deep, with so many people suffering. I'm always optimistic, but this seems to be the new company attitude, take it or leave it, we don't care. I give my opinion every once in awhile, but words won't cut it right now, action, it takes action to make the ice crack and move.

Today I have a poker game to attend at noon, and a choice of 2 pools to check out later. Happy hour is likely, even if just Polly and I, oh and Bosco. Is a tough life, but I'll take it over the rain and snow I remember from past Christmas's. 

Good Morning 🌞, Suns up, got to go😊






No comments:

Post a Comment