Sunday 18 October 2020

"Covid Thinking" is there any other way?

A few days ago, (well maybe a few weeks) I started thinking about how we are all thinking. We as in this world full of people. We are all acting & reacting to information we have about this virus. Some of us are very well informed, some just doing what's told, and some going against the grain. As I thought about it I realized we are all acting in a way because of Covid and how we have been informed of it. Our many thoughts in our day have to do with this information. 

We talk about it with Friends & Family. We continue to live it, and we try to see the future after it. Most of us miss many parts of our pre-covid lives. Hugs, hand shakes,  a kiss, sharing thing's, just being close, and not guarded all the time. Oh and sports, can't go to a game, and concerts, can't even go out to dance! 

But we are alive!

I started to think how will this time 2020 will be remembered? Then I say to myself, ahh shit, what does it matter. Let's live the best we can now! Not throw it all to the wind, but act best we can now, as usual do the best we can with what we have. 

So, we bought a new trailer to satisfy the urge to travel, and instead stay put this winter.

Well not really, we bought this to update, and solve some problems we had with our other trailer. Bedroom was to small and not tall enough for me, and had a terrible step on the floor beside the bed, bathroom was cramped, no washer dryer could be installed, no decent closet, basement was smaller. So some big things, and quite a few small things helped make our minds up. The biggest thing that helped us decide was our comfort factor. Comfort with the cost, as well as comfort inside our new rig. 

We took time to decide, Polly was generally happy with the other one, but I was not happy almost right away. Needed that extra head space, and closet for all our clothes. So I kept looking, and after we our summer trip, when we had some quiet time I found an add for this trailer. I showed Polly and she said ok, and we decided to call a sales person we had met in Port Alberni before we had bought our last trailer as he told us he could have any trailer in Arbutus stock brought to Port if we wanted to.look at it.

Steve helped us just like he said he would, and I'm sure he will all along with our new home. And home 🏡 it is, we feel right at home here as much is the same just a little bigger, and the newness feels nice too. 

After we did the last look before we committed, on our way home Polly started with the ideas 😆 I love how she says "I was thinking" lol, such an innocent way Polly has as she thinks and says this.

So - Spice cabinet
Add a coupleshelves
Slideouts in the pantry again 😆🤣

Washer for sure, Drier maybe?
Install the satellite dish on top.


My list, TV for bedroom 😁
Some new shelter outside to work in this winter
A new coffee pot, lol this one just don't fit


I'm sure more will come, but for now we are feeling pretty darn good. 

Has Covid changed our behavior, yes it has. I shook the hand of a friend yesterday I had not seen for years. Did I think about it, yes. But I was not going to pull back from that greeting this time. Darn it felt good to say Hello like we used to. 

Hunker down for now, but keep alive and prepare to move again when this virus let's up it's grip on our world. 

Loving this life just a little more today 🤗






1 comment:

  1. Well said. I am glad you are happy and doing well. We are keeping well and are hunkering down for the winter. Because both of us have underlying conditions we have kept our bubble very small But looking forward to normal or new normal life again. Take care ,stay safe and congratulations on your new home.

    ReplyDelete