Friday 15 April 2022

The sounds of early morning at a campsite

We pulled in here yesterday just before 12noon, the lady at the desk said, no check in till noon, so I walked back to the truck and told Polly. Prepared to sit awhile, not me let's take a look around, Polly stayed in the truck. As I walked to the bathroom I noticed a guy coming out with his check-in slip on his way to his site. Sooo, off to the desk again, and as I waited I heard the woman say to the man ahead of me "check-in is at 12" then she said "let's see what we can do!" 
Well she finished checking him in and no surprise she said to me " check-in is at noon" I said I have a reservation, she started looking it up, and found the site empty, so I could check in. 

Great, we got in ahead of all the people we followed slowly from Kanab to here, Lake Powell, Wahweap campsite. Off to our site, the first wrong turn brought us to a parking lot, surprised we were to see a Roadrunner with a gecko in it's beak running along as we turned around. Was a great sight for us, as we had learned a few years ago at Indian Waters from a woman that fed them, that they are meat eaters. Was a great sight for us, he stopped looking at us, and carried on with his dinner. 

We carried on too after a few turnarounds of the map, and up the hill a little, and there was our site, B-1 purfect, just purfect, a pull through, just off the road edge, all services with great views. As we had arrived early we, at least I felt less hurried, wanted to get our setup just right. Which we did, except when the bedroom slide went out it touched the tree next to us. Ok will be ok, but last night I heard it a branch knocking on the slide, so today I have to change that. Cut? Or Place some pads there to stop the noise? Will see 😃

Back to the sounds as a campground wake's. At first I woke to no sounds, except a few chirps, then a person walking by, then the first MH going by, then another, and another. People are just starting to get up. No one in a big hurry, not like last night, many coming and going, and few that went by many times, was less as the evening went on. 

Now I sit and cast my eyes on the viewscape here, WOW I'm amazed at the distance I can see, and the shapes out there. 
       My view today

       views here magnified 
I like the wide open views and the, oops another MH drives out, I understand now, they have to go in the MH if they are going anywhere, they have no other vehicle💡I see now.
The breeze is nice, it's warm out now, Polly's asking for my cup, she's in motion now, dishes, the breaky 🤗 love Polly, now I hear the vacuum, she's in a cleaning 🧹 mode now, that's when I stay outta the way. I think I'll go for a walk lol. 

Love this life, so wonderful 🤗❤️


1 comment: