Sunday 17 April 2022

What's wasting a day?

Sitting here in the sun, a warm still day, light breeze is great. So am I wasting my day? What is it that drives us to go, what is it that pushes us to feel better if we are on the move? Hike, walk, drive, go here, go there see this, see that? Do this do that? Accomplish something, then we did something. Even writing here is doing something. 

I can hear Polly busy in the trailer now, she is in gear today, clean and organize. Me I'm sitting here pecking on my phone πŸ“±and thinking it's ok. Realizing that Polly is in motion, I'm going to go for a walk about while she has here busyness time. I let her know I'ma gonna walkabout. 

The campsite is arranged in loops, we are on B loop, and to leave here the way it's layed out you drive around the loop each time you leave. So on my walk I head in the same clockwise direction.

 The first camper I see and talk with is in his boat. He's under the dash doing some work it looks like, when I come by his head pops up, I say Hi, and then conversation goes. He asks where I'm from, notices my accent πŸ€ͺ and we yak about fishing here, what he catches, what the lake is like, we talk about Mexico, he knows right away when I say San Carlos, he partied in Peurto Penasco when he was younger. We talk about lots in a short time, I never asked why camping in the boat, but thinking after, I think was there camper, as they didn't have one yet. So multi use boat.

I say by, and off I go, next meeting was a man from New York, he told me in a very short time this old trailer he brought from New York, he has another in California he leaves there full time. This conversation was much shorter than the last, but he was really nice to talk with. 

Next was a couple from Texas, they were going on a boat trip today, they were from Dallas, I told them of friends we know in Groves/Port Arthur area, they were happy to talk, but also wanted to get going. 

Next on my loop walk was a couple of kids, he had here on a leash. She was so smiley and cute, they both were. She had a huge star on her shirt. I told he liked it, he did the talking, not much, but some. I said good bye as I continued, and as soon as I started away, the little girl started talking, she was waving and saying goodbye. A short meeting.

Later in seeing them again I found out from the parents, the kids play dog and owner, taking turns, that was what the leash was about. If I never asked, I'd never know? That's me, I ask, I look, I see, I immerse myself in the moment. And that's what I did while Polly was busy. 

Was that a was of time? I don't think so, just like now, sitting here with the early morning sun at my back, reflecting in my glasses, coffee ☕ is good. Am I wasting time? Should I be doing, gathering, moving, the dove flew on our trailer now, it's cooing, I'm smiling to myself. Some people don't like this sound, I'm kinda partial to it. 

Today we go to see something I've been wanting to do for along time, Antelope canyon walkthrough. I'm sure will be interesting, when I was in the Ladysmith camera club I saw shots from here, always wanted to see it myself. 

Away we go, doing something again. 

Polly did Finnish her cleaning 🧹 when I got back I couldn't get in the trailer, floor's were wet πŸ˜†, so I waited outside in the sun, while they dried, wasted some more time. 

Love this life so much ♥️πŸ€—




No comments:

Post a Comment